Brucie Bonus

spursmaddave

I have been looking for a slightly bigger aquarium something around the 200-250ltr mark and after loosing out to a few on ebay etc I finally snagged one on thursday...

Only 120ltr tank but a good make, Juwel and with a stand even though I didn't really want/need one...

Very local and snapped it up for just £57 !!!

Didn't look too great in the pic

F1F82620-AF6E-44C8-8BE5-69EB13294045-1147-0000008978D11734.jpg

But I thought you never know.... emailed the guy and he said there are fish in it, you can have them if you want bring a bucket etc.... so I thought might as well see what they are like too.....

Although the tank was pretty minging outside the water looked really clear and the fish looked healthy so all sorted and back to my flat for a clear up :thumbs:

The tank has come up like new, the light fitting was knackered so I replaced that for £20 and hey presto !

62AFE1E2-D877-4481-92A2-C65BC260090A-1147-0000008822541BDB.jpg

Need to get some real plants in but I am really happy with it, it even came with the shipwreck :lol: thats probly £20 new....

but the real surprise was when I moved the ship to take it out of the tank :scare:

This little fella shot out :lol:

142AEE90-FD95-4CCD-A413-CACEF735F85A-1147-0000008836A9B5C9.jpg

:yahoo:

He basically lives in the ship and almost fills it up :lol:

D5D8EAA5-C3A4-4F87-8BA3-D5EB13170981-1147-0000008D14637EAA.jpg

So all set up for now, don't worry Jim your coffee table is safe and propped up underneath just in case ;)

Off to a big aquarium place in Canterbury with my mate Tuesday so will get it looking a bit more how I want it hopefully.... it will do until I find a bigger one :lol:

Oh and one cat who now thinks she has died and gone to heaven :lol:

EB3B4742-5916-4D6D-A7D6-185348670635-1147-00000088476FA6D1.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave

I am thinking of giving all my stuff away Dave.

about 120-150 tank size Aqua 1 a year old

Every time i go into hospital i have to get someone to come in and look after them.

Plus It hurts like heck cleaning them out.

IMG_0080.jpg

:lol: Don't tell him that now Pete, he thinks he got a bargain from the other guy :D

Looks like a bristle nose plec. I've got a couple in mine. Got a mate who runs his own aquatics business just outside Cambridge, outstanding guy, if you ever need anything I'll put you in touch.

Cheers :thumbs:

I have been having a play with LED lights, got 2 strips of white and a strip of blue all with dimmers it makes a nice moonlight effect in the evening and a low glow overnight rather than just turning the tube completely off.

Nice tank Dave :)

Looks like a bristle nose plec. I've got a couple in mine. Got a mate who runs his own aquatics business just outside Cambridge, outstanding guy, if you ever need anything I'll put you in touch.

This is also very good to know.........now where did I put the shopping list ........

Had a bit of a change around, never liked the big boat thing so looked at a 3D background but was stupid expensive.... Bought some rock for £20 and after a good soak it looks ok, need a few more for height though... built a little cave for the plec which he loves and got an air stone as the fish were struggling for air a bit.... Need to get some real plants to replace the plastic ones next, any suggestions on easy ones to keep and what if anything I need to change? Just got grabel at the moment...

F5408E08-CDE8-435F-A69B-DE19AA3E193E-2203-000000FB13B730DC.jpg

Nice Dave, but looks like you need a bigger tank now :doh::lol:

I don't think you answered a question I posted previously. In one of the pics you can see your speakers, Mission by any chance?

Yeah i'm on the lookout for a 4' long tank but no mad rush....

Oops missed your question, nope the tall speakers are TDL, I do have a centre mission speaker and Gale surrounds and Sub, all powered my a Cambridge Audio Amp :cloud9: beautiful crisp warm sound....