Desk top computer advice/help

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new desk top computer, I saw this at Costco £499+vat

Anyone got any thoughts on it or recommend something better in that price range ?

http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/serie/newonetwo

Not sure if this question is daft or not :blush:

I've got a lot of work to do with spreadsheets and images etc, is it possible to run two monitors and copy and paste from both ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Christopher

Not sure on the pc or the question about the screens although my employers has two screens on some of the machines and are computers are cheap as cheap can be.

It will cost you more in the beginning but for trouble free running id say get an imac

Once you go mac you never go back. You can run windows on macs aswell now if you need to

I have always had PC's but I got a MiniMac a few months back and I love it..... not possible in that price range even without a screen or keyboard though!

Pretty much any PC will do everything you could ever want to do, 2 screens are very easy to work with I have that set up at work, fantastic being able to work on 2 different programmes at the same time :) It's very simple to set up also, even if the PC graphics card does not support it you can get plug and play adapters to enable extended desktop.

As long as you're not playing games or using intensive programs, an i3 core would suffice. Then you want about 4-8gb ram, 500gb HD. Don't bother with ssd, just go 7200rpm. A basic dual HDMI/dvi output graphics card will do. Cheapo soundcard. Job = carrot as a well loved double denim dude would say.

This!

Maybe someone who wanted some cheap parts for their Z could build you one to order? :teeth:

I hook my laptop up to my tv and use it as a second screen,not sure about desktops but most laptops nowadays have a button you can use to select which display type you want.

As for that PC it looks very neat but if its only images and excel you are using it shouldnt matter much on its spec.

Friend of mine runs 5 monitors - he's into flying simulations and they are angled around the seat area to give a cockpit experience - very realistic B)

I just make do with two 19" Dells that allow me to view plans etc while writing reports for my work - a virtual must these days with hard copies being largely a thing of the past.

Think everyone else has covered this one for you Tarmac! Im a big Pc dektop fan myself. Got a laptop next that has dust on it and a pretty much new 27inch iMac that has hardly been used :bang:

Tell you what Tarmac I sell you the iMac for a full body kit :lol::stir:

Edit: my Office or better known as the pitt :blush:

B3F0D067-C837-4D9A-B611-C3EB1A1E82BA-766-00000095220CA02C.jpg

Edited by Humpy

I think I understood some of that lol, I probably should have pointed out I'm not techy minded.

I have a laptop and iPad but I have a huge task data loading spreadsheets and images for the new site, I am getting help from the suppliers and an aftermarket parts association but there is still going to be a lot of cutting and pasting to get it in the format required. That's the reason I want two screens really