4 Michelin SS ordered....

downhuman

Good man. I'd go for 40 profile personally but its all the same :thumbs:

What would be the advantage of going for a lower profile? Would this not affect the gearing as this is slightly smaller than stock (Although minimal I know)?

Usually it's because the tyres you want aren't available in the stock sizes, the obvious one being the R888 so by dropping down a profile you gain access to more tyres. Given that the MPSS are available in the proper sizes though, there's no benefit.

Some cars seem to hate dropping down to 40 profile and the TCS throws a hissy fit, some seem not to care at all. I personally suspect that it;s 99% down to the driver rather than the tyres, but have no proof of that other than my own experience.

45 is definitely the way to go, 40's look lost under the arches if anything!

Are you lowered?

40's have a much much greater choice of tyres. They make the car sit a fair bit closer to the ground. They also look 1million times better than the balloon tyres. There is also slightly less "squirm" from them which gives you more confidence. I also find them more responsive maybe as they are slightly lighter?

Yeah i am lowered but saw a few at Japfest on 40's running standard suspension and the arch gap was quite noticeable.

I agree as far as tyre looks go the 245/45's on the back are pretty fat!

That's why i choose 19's best of both worlds!

Yeah i am lowered but saw a few at Japfest on 40's running standard suspension and the arch gap was quite noticeable.

I agree as far as tyre looks go the 245/45's on the back are pretty fat!

That's why i choose 19's best of both worlds!

Mine doesnt really have an arch gap and the 40's 100% look better. Even my mum said have you got bigger wheels for the car?

I prefer 40's but yeah 19's are win.