PM Messages

Wasso

Hmmmm getting a bit frustrated with the message area.

Tried to send Tarmac a message and he's exceeded his limit, ok fine ill save the message for later.

It's not possible to save the message! It says cannot send to Tarmac despite clicking save. So I take the name out. It says you must have a name in the field. Ok so I'll try last idea which is to send it to myself, nope it won't send to me.

:angry:

I like the old system as it would send, and its up to the receiver to sort out their inbox. Now I can't send or even save the message.

In addition can I ask what happened to your message on transfer if you had folders setup. It seems they may have all been deposited in the new conversation area, but I can't confirm as it seems a minefield trying to sift through messages that were received or sent as they all now seem to appear in the one area. Personally sent messages should be stored in the sent area, not within the inbox?

Is there also any chance of increasing my mailbox size because the messages I receive vary from personal, members trading and REO messages and there's not enough room to store important messages.

Cheers

Do what I did and create a new folder and call it SAVED and transfer the messages that you wish to save into that, which will give you more space for new incoming messages.

Or you can move messages from your inbox to your PC.

Alex :)

True could create a sent folder, but I would presume it would still count towards your total messages stored.

The old system would only hold X amount of messages in your inbox, gladly sent messages would not count towards your inbox count. In addition creating folders allowed you to store more messages. It seems the total count is based on all folders in the new system, so there's no way to take advantage of creating folders to expand your message count.

Yep - aware of the issues with the pm system and are looking to see if there is the ability to make it perform a little like the old system. Going forwad however, at least all messages should be in conversations, rather than all separate.

I like the idea of conversations but now your sent messages will contribute to your inbox count. Which will mean deleting manually the sent messages, I've not tried but I presume that to be the case.

Also you can't see if someone has read your message.

Funny how some old traits of the old forum actually worked well.

What's the chance of a mailbox increase ;)

Yeah and the size must be considerably smaller as loads of folks can't get messages. I suppose this is down to th fact that stuff we all had saved in folders just got dumped into th inbox - don't get me wrong at least they were saved which I do appreciate :)

I'd say out of the twenty or so pms I've tried to send in last day only three have got through to their destination - and one of them was to a noob with 1 post :lol:

Edited by Vik54
  • Like 1

I just deleted most of mine - problem solved :lol:

This. I used it as a good excuse for a PM cull!

Much nicer having conversations now. Why would you want to delete the sent messages though? They form part of the conversation. Remember you can archive conversations, which will email a copy of it to you, and if you have something like Gmail with loads of space, you will have them forever more ;)

My point is te sent items now count towards your inbox, so I'll have no choice but to delete sent items.

I get a lot of message as mentioned from members trading, REO stuff, and personal mail.

I'm okay to juggle the new arrangement but it could be improved, if there's an option to?

Sure we can look at upping the limit. We should really have separate tiers for traders/member traders/REOs anyway. Just wanting to make sure people clear out their rubbish first before deciding what we need to give so not to just eat up all our webspace :thumbs:

Well I've been having a tidy up and down to 90% but with the spacer project and polishing going full tilt its kinda needed ;)

How Alex is coping I don't know.

Tarmac still has an issue as I still can't send him a message, and Ersen is also having the same issue.

I had to clear loads of PMs and it still said full, so I deleted the whole lot, sure I lost a lot of intimate chats with members but I am a love 'em and leave 'em guy anyway so what's hapoened in PM will stay in PM :ninja:

Higher quota for traders, meet organisers is obviously sensible :thumbs: but I am sure like Alex and Chris said you could use your own external storage instead of the forums allowance....

Of course it does, active stuff on the forum, archive stuff on your PC :thumbs:

Stop moaning or I will spam your inbox until it bleeds :lol:

:boxing: I know exactly where the delete button is :lol:

I rarely use my laptop, and every thing is on my phone and I'd like an easy life if you know what I mean.

Wheres your build thread?

Searchy? :lol:

It's in Members Build Threads....

As I click follow thread, it thinks, them freezes the screen. Strangely I can follow other threads created by me with no issues but not my own build thread? Very odd?

• Like 1