PM Messages

Wasso

I tried the following earlier before your message, per the following.

(You can follow a thread in two ways. 1. Viewing the thread (click button) or 2. If you are the owner there's a tick box)

So I try the edit feature, click follow. It then says I have too many photos so can't test that.

So I try to un-follow another thread of my own. The screen locks up again.

Guess what I'm using the "full site" on my iPhone. I bet it's iPhone related. I'll test again on my laptop at home.

Further to my other post, will there be an option to PM more than 6 people at the same time?

I shall have a look to see if this is something we can set on a group or individual basis.

I believe traders and REO's should have larger quotas for various items, and the ability to pm more than 6 people, as they will of course be arranging meets etc. We are going to look at the REO's calendar permissions too, as adding events etc would be useful for them.

Unfortunately this software has an awful lot more configuration options out of the box than the old one, so weve set a basic set across everyone for now, and are tweaking things as we go to ensure the relevant groups get the relevant permissions. There are also some features that would be nice to have back, like being able to send messages and the onus be on the recipient to clear room, and be able to see if a message has been read etc.

Currently working on the tapatalk issue, but we can add these above to the list. :thumbs:

You're gonna like this.....

I managed to un-follow another of my own threads. It then froze the screen.

Refreshed the page and then followed the thread. It froze, I refreshed and I'm following again.

Did the same with the build thread and the same freezing happened but managed to follow the thread.

Odd to say the least.

The basic out the box is good and additional add on's once you've found your way around would be helpful like the calendar and multiple user pm's and of course leave te clear down of folders the responsibility of the user allowing a PM from another party to sit in suspense till the user has cleared enough space.

Thanks for the help :)

Me again....

When on phone and using full site, which isn't full site as its a slim version of the main site. There are no clickable icons for YouTube, images, smilies etc.

The old site on the mobile had all you needed, either by clicking quick reply or reply.

The new one you have try and recall what they all did, ie code delivery for images and Ytube etc.

Amy chance of just a simple selection on the mobi.

Ta

Mods, just to let you know I've tried to PM several people this morning and it says can't be sent.

Does the system do mass email? perhaps you could notify people to do some maintenance on their inbox's?

Anyway just a suggestion.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by flexib

Mods, just to let you know I've tried to PM several people this morning and it says can't be sent.

Does the system do mass email? perhaps you could notify people to do some maintenance on their inbox's?

Anyway just a suggestion.

Keep up the great work!

think you can only send up to five people at once

Also you can't see if someone has read your message.

I have just spotted :blush: you do know this in the box titled participants - it does record when the message (conversation) was read by those included.

Sarnie asked the same question recently on another thread (can't find it now) and I said no at the time, so I take that back :surrender:

Tells you on the mobile (I don't use tapatalk on the S3).

Also you can't see if someone has read your message.

I have just spotted :blush: you do know this in the box titled participants - it does record when the message (conversation) was read by those included.

Sarnie asked the same question recently on another thread (can't find it now) and I said no at the time, so I take that back :surrender:

Tells you on the mobile (I don't use tapatalk on the S3).

well spotted Colin, I hadnt seen that

ideally what we want is the messages to auto delete old ones like on the old system. Its something we are looking in to but for now members need to keep on top of there inbox and stop it getting full

+1 that was really handy.

Picking up on that concern, by clicking on "archive conversation" at the foot of the last message it will send that series of messages to your email. ;)

Might help those who like to keep their stuff and is also a way of helping the forum. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay time to revisit the issues of PM's.

1. Still unable to send a message to more than 6 people. I'm therefore unable to send out to those on the West Mids mailing list unless I send 8+ messages!

2. If you receive a PM how can you forward it to somebody else... There's just no options available. You can reply to those within the conversation and you cannot remove anyone from the conversation.

Any help or improvements will be greatly appreciated.

I do think a global announcement would be best i.e. something pinned to recent topics (or similar) plus an email to members, there's just too many people that are not aware that they need to have a clean out!

Every time I PM someone I have this issue and I dont more than one per week, it must be so frustrating for those that send more PMs.

Someone please step up.