What would you change about a 350z

Rob_Quads

If you could make a few design changes (Not major redesigns) what would they be? Ignoring power mods as its a bit of a bottomless pit i.e. most would make it as powerful as they could.

My Thoughts..

1. A rear tailgate with the spoiler all smoothed in - well that shape but in metal

2. Smoother front bumper - removal of the reflectors

3. Remote Tailgate pop

4. Remote Start

5. Bluetooth Hands Free with caller display

6. Plastic Interior panels trimmed in stiched black alcantara.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1- glove box

2-material on door cards(instead of scratchy plastic)

3-window switches at your fingertips (or is it just my long arms :blush: )

4-better positioned dipstick

5-bonnet on struts instead of cheapo stay

6-footwell illumination

7-doorlights instead of just door reflectors

1) More comfortable position for drivers elbow! (yeah I like cruising with my arm on it)

2) Some better design for the speakers/storage bins behind seats.

Ohhh..... how could I forget the real number 1!

Better quality paint!

No offence but this is performance car. Therefore I would make it 300kg ligter, i.e. Porsche Boxter weight.

It would then handle superb and be agile, as well as better accelleration etc. It doesn't need more than 300 bhp

If you want pratical buy a Mondeo....:lol:

The only thing I would have done about the practical design of the car is a rear seat, aka Audi TT

Guest prescience
No offence but this is performance car. Therefore I would make it 300kg ligter, i.e. Porsche Boxter weight.

It would then handle superb and be agile, as well as better accelleration etc. It doesn't need more than 300 bhp

If you want pratical buy a Mondeo....:lol:

The only thing I would have done about the practical design of the car is a rear seat, aka Audi TT

Perhaps true Kev, but 400 is a hoot and the suspension etc is well capable of handling it.

No rear seats, please :surrender:

A much better interior (this has improved) would be my first choice :)

If you look at most of the comments hardly any of them have anything to do with the weight more design.

Sorry Rob, just my personal gripe with the Zed. It's far too heavy when compared to it's main competitors.

to just have a quick response to this Kev, I dont think out and out performance is in anyones mind when they plump for a Zed..or else we would all be driving EVO's for the same kind of money..I think the design and style is where the Zed wins hands down :) and after all it is a GT car not a sports car according to the initial design brief

Sorry Rob if I have gone off topic here :blush:

the one thing i would definatly change is the BOSE setup. Or at least give the people who buy the "pack" version with leather etc the choice not to take it, or either replace it by someting decent. And ditch the cassette player

oh and

IPOD INTEGRATION! (or mp3-cd support at least)

and a Nismo exhaust should be standard :teeth:

Bigger wheels in the Nissan options list (rays, but 19" and wider)

Get an integrated antenna in the rear window, like on my TT, so we dont have this "remote controlled car" look anymore.

Some weight saving would be nice too, but imho the above is more important.

Rear Tail gate should follow the line that the body already takes under the light units.

I'm not keen on the back end from a side profile and it should slope away more (ala Porsche). I know it would limit the boot space, but it is a sports cars after all.