What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Nothing major but I have been meaning to do this for awhile so I finally got rid of the boot weight. :yahoo:

Bit of a nuisance doing it to be honest and cut my fingers to ribbons pulling the plastic trim down but jobs a good un'. No point in pictures as you all know what this looks like. :D

Fyi: It weighs in at 1.1kg including the four bolts.

• Like 1

I've just repaired the kerb damage to the two left side bronze alloy wheels, while painting alloy wheels on a friend's mr2 we started to mix some paint trying to decide what colour he wanted to spray them by chance one colour is 95% match to my wheels so job done and you can't notice the difference. Btw the mr2 wheels look good in black mixed with blue black and a coat of blue pearl and then clearcoat.:D

sent from the dark side of the moon

Well as I've melted one of my headlights in the oven and I'm waiting for a replacement, I thought I'd get on with something easy :lol:

Decided to change my heater controls for the facelift ones....whoever said its a straight swap over its definitely not! Took hours of swearing,cutting and sweating! :lol:

Anyway I'm pleased with the result.abahemat.jpg

• Like 5

The plug in connector at the back is the same and it works fine, it's getting the dials to mount in the surround that's a PITA. You have to cut the mounting lugs off and do a lot of messing with it! I made a new bracket for the back that holds it in place.

• Like 1

The plug in connector at the back is the same and it works fine, it's getting the dials to mount in the surround that's a PITA. You have to cut the mounting lugs off and do a lot of messing with it! I made a new bracket for the back that holds it in place.

Very cool and either way, PITA or not, you made a good job of that. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Today I finally finished my headlights and put the car back together!

A quick how to:

Remove front bumper

Remove both headlights

Put headlights in a low oven to soften mastic

Melt one of the headlights in the oven

Panic and PM Keyser and Zmanalex for a replacement

Leave car on drive unfinished for a week

Fit replacement light from Zmanalex

Put bumper back on and finish.....Easy :lol: :lol:

Anyway here is the result with the horrible orange reflectors replaced for clear ones

A massive thank you to Zmanalex for getting me out of a mess :thumbs:

py4yduvy.jpg9ysu3una.jpgery7ahy7.jpg

• Like 3