Stag Doo recommendations (booked Prague)

Jay

The thing I didnt like about Prague was the dodgy taxi drivers. They always tried to rip you off. At one point one taxi took us all to a brothel on an industrial estate out of the centre when we only wanted to go to the train station! :lol:

Either way you were getting a ride on something that had had 1000s ride it before.......

The taxi was probably the lesser worn of the two :)

.. and at least you wouldn't get some nasty infection from the taxi :p

Thats why you always double wrap it :lol:

The thing I didnt like about Prague was the dodgy taxi drivers. They always tried to rip you off. At one point one taxi took us all to a brothel on an industrial estate out of the centre when we only wanted to go to the train station! :lol:

Either way you were getting a ride on something that had had 1000s ride it before.......

:thumbs:

That's actually more dangerous - more likelihood of rubber giving way :shrug: Its why NHS stopped promoting extra thick for high risk use :p

Do Hexis do that colour :shrug::teeth:

Ok bit of an update, after a fair few beers and a good old chat, we have narrowed it down to two destinations. Munich and Prague, I think that Prague is winning at the present moment. I did fancy marbella but not all of the boys would be able to afford it as drinks are roughly 8 or 9 euros a pint and we like to drink :blush: So I knocked that on the head pretty quickly as I would prefer all of my best mates to be there and have a cracking time and not worry about prices etc.

So....... any other info on these two cities?

Cheers

Jay

• 3 months later...

Quick update:

My best man has just booked the flights, so we are off to Prague, we did look into Berlin but Prague seemed to be the favourite. Still to book accommodation, but will get that sorted soon. So all you mad lot that have been on a boys holiday or a stag, please let me know your recommendations :) Oh and our very own Neilp Is coming hahah...... let the chaos begin

Quick update:

My best man has just booked the flights, so we are off to Prague, we did look into Berlin but Prague seemed to be the favourite. Still to book accommodation, but will get that sorted soon. So all you mad lot that have been on a boys holiday or a stag, please let me know your recommendations :) Oh and our very own Neilp Is coming hahah...... let the chaos begin

Good man :thumbs:

My accommodation link is on page 2

• 3 months later...

Well its all booked and I leave on fri morning. Our very own neilp is coming along with us lol. So when you put me and him together..... its going to get messy haha. If anyone has been recently It would be great to hear from you!

Well its all booked and I leave on fri morning. Our very own neilp is coming along with us lol. So when you put me and him together..... its going to get messy haha. ..........

I'm gonna stay well clear ! Thanks for the heads up lol

• Like 1

Ah Jay i went last weekend and all i can say is it was totally awesome!!!! One of the best weekends i've had in a long time.

A few of the guys went to the strip clubs and sex shows etc, but i didnt fancy any of that so didnt bother. It's pretty hard to avoid though... as soon as it goes dark there will be 10 black guys fighting each other to get you to come to the strip club they're promoting.

Friday and Saturday are big nights but Sunday is dead in town.

Also whilst there i found the coolest bar i have ever been in. It's about a 10 minute walk from the center and kind of isolated in it's locatioin but it was a great place. We were looking for a sports bar called The Drunken Monkey but we got to the address and it wasnt there. So we went into the only bar on the street and a few of the guys were panicking as it was a proper back alley place, down in a basement. However once in there i got talking with the owner who was a guy called Jason from California... this guy was awesome! He told me the story of how he used to work for the Drunken Monkey and the owners went to prison so he took on their lease, but a few days earlier they'd got out and come after him and beat him up, and wrecked the bar a bit! Anyway,this guy's passion is Beer Pong so he sets us up on his beer pong tables and we ended up staying in there for 3 hours playing it... it's an ace game!

Then for me as if this bar couldnt get any cooler i said to Jason... 'can i smell weed?' and he was like, 'Oh yeah, just go and speak to Mark the weed guy over there he'll sort you out'... brilliant! Music-wise it wasnt really my scene but it added to the over all effect - it was all Nirvana and ACDC and Foo Fighters etc. Loved it.

Anyway this place was called Balls Deep in Prague... https://www.facebook...BALLSDEEPinPrag

Other than that, it seems the main night club centrally is a crappy 80's/90's disco place called LaCerna. We went there on the Friday and it was alright, but then Saturday everywhere we asked still recommended the same place which was pretty lame. We went back but nobody was happy about it. Avoid if you can.

Lastly we were recommended to go to another bar on the Sunday called Harley's bar. This was a bit of a biker bar but with a cool vibe. Slightly gay though too which was odd, but cool all the same.

Food wise we mostly had burgers/kebabs etc, but one night we went to an all you can eat and drink Argentinian steak house for £20 a head. Really good quality meat and you get 3 hours in there so it worked out to be good value. I forget what it's called though.

Edited by marzman
  • Like 1

Thats brilliant mate thank you so much. Beer pong...... awesome chat, we started this up last year at my rugby club... brilliant fun. So how much is it for a pint roughly over there? I really cant wait........ heard plenty of good reviews. Roll on the weekend.

I really dont know as its only 2 mad nights and then sunday afternoon, which I think we will be near enough dead lol. Also I will be planking my cash on all parts of the body haha. Dont wanna keep it all in my wallet

Dont change money befor eyou go, you will get spanked on the exchange rate. Just use a cash machine over there you get a much better deal, and yo uonly get charged £1.75 in fees per withdrawal.

In the UK i only got 25.5 exchange rate, but out of the cash machines i got 29.3!

Pints... anywhere on the main roads is £3.50 per pint (99k) but find some more authentic places off the main streets and you can get beer for 90p a pint.

the standard drink over there is Pilsner Urquell, which is a dreadful watered down lager... but we drank enough of it!

90p a pint.........oh dear lord. I am a staropramen kinda guy. Cheers for posting marz

We were supposed to do the Staropramen brewery tour which is in Prague... but it was a 45 minute trip to get there for a 30minute tour so didnt bother.