New member on search!

Looking to spend 8-10k and have spent many an hour trawling through this site and (mainly) Autotrader for a 2nd drive car (although I am really aiming for a GTR next year..).

I think I am looking for an 06/07 (when did the 300 bhp hit the market), in GunMetal, with Rays, black interior. What did the "facelift" do to the car?

Some questions that I don't THINK have been asked (apologies if my search for answers has been a fail!).

1) I have seen a car which appears NOT to have a handle on the inside of the driver doors. Is this a) common and B) able to be retro-fitted. It looks most odd without one!

2) I see some of the leather seats are "smooth" and some appear "dimpled" - when did the change happen (I prefer the dimpled look).

3) Comments on Nissan SatNav please. Worth having? I think I read a comment where someone said it was pants. If SatNav isn't present I assume the place it sits is just a cubby? I guess I could have a reasonable sized after market unit fitted.

4) Why so few with the boot divider? Are these available OEM?

5) Why so few with tonneau to give some privacy to boot content? Are these available OEM?

6) Need I be concerned about cars with 60k+ miles?

Appreciate that Abbey Motorsport is pretty close to me (Reigate, Surrey) and from my readings they appear to be a highly valued indie.

Welcome to the forum.

4) Why so few with the boot divider? Are these available OEM?

5) Why so few with tonneau to give some privacy to boot content? Are these available OEM?

4) They are extremely difficult to get hold of, the ones that come on the market on this forum are snapped up within minutes. I don't think Nissan actually sells them :shrug:

5) As far as I know they were standard equipment on U.K models at least. The main problem is that the lugs holding them in place break very easily and Nissan will only sell you the entire unit at a completely obscene price, I'm guessing most people just throw them into a dark corner once the lugs snap.

Pete

Welcome!

All those questions can be answered via the search.

The face lift added improved interior trim and few other bits like headlamps and bumper. For your money I'd go for the 313 which was the most powerful one they did and had lots of improvements over the face lift. Only problem with the 313 is that they came out mid 2007 so definitely will be higher tax bracket.

I had a 313 with the oem sat nav and I found it perfect for what I want. You can get new maps and it new of everywhere I wanted to go. Even new roads. Nice big screen too. Only criticism people have is that it hasn't got speed cameras on it and rather than postcode you type in city, street and number.

Not noticed dimpled seats.... Do you mean the fishnet mesh the roadster seats have?

Good luck with your searching.

Hello and :welcome:

The 'odd' door handles are 'design feature' of the Zed. Admittedly a bit strange, but common to all cars.

Many have made the vertical tonneau, it's easy enough to make your own with some MDF and acoustic carpet. It is/was available from Nissan, but is over £100 :scare: Check out the guides section for a very informative 'how to' :thumbs:

(Sorry, couldn't help it) :lol:

Thanks guys - all good and interesting comments.

Am off tomorrow to see a Gun Metal '06 (Facelift - 300bhp) with 56,500 on clock at £8.5k

No Nav but does have:

* New tyres (not sure of brand)

* Exceedy clutch and DMF fitted by AbbeyMotorsport at 46,000

* New pads (Brembo brakes) 4k miles ago

* FSH

* Based on owner comment - never taken over 3,500 rpm until warm, no track use, always run on Shell Premium, Tax to Mar 2013, 12 month MOT, some kerb/scuffing to alloys.

Thoughts?