iPhone 5

Adrian@TORQEN

we must give them some credit for what the market offers today.

Why arent you driving a Mercedes or a Ford then? ;)

Sorry, but thats the single worst reason Ive heard for buying one. "Im used to iPhones", "Ive got loads of iProducts", "Im a massive Apple fanboi" are all valid, but buying it because you liked the the one they released 6 years ago ........ :shrug:

Anyways, Im off to go drink some Hooch, have a quick go on my Atari and tell someone why my Casio watch is better than their Patek Phillippe :D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Maps app is ****ing useless. The satellite view has no zoom on it at all, and there's loads of places covered by cloud. Yes, having navigation is handy, but no satellite view just cripples it. :thumbdown:

they've also lost street view as well, its a shame in someways that these companies have to compete with each other in the same markets. means apple have lost out on some of googles good software.

my guess is you would still be able to get google nav or maps of some kind as an app on the iphone to get it back :shrug:

Nano SIMs? Jeez that's another attempt to restrict what SIMs people put in their phones now that Micro SIMs are widely available. Ever notice how iPhone SIMs are £5 a month more than the equivalent non-iPhone deal?

There's been inertia until now based on the supposed "eco-system" advantage but trading on past glories only works so long, as RIM and Nokia have found out. Mercedes and VW have been trading off past glories for about 20 years!

Dropping the best mapping service for their own inferior one (just to stick two fingers up at Google) hardly fits with the image of having the best apps and user experience now does it? I sense Apple has already peaked in the mobile arena so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Nano SIMs? Jeez that's another attempt to restrict what SIMs people put in their phones now that Micro SIMs are widely available. Ever notice how iPhone SIMs are £5 a month more than the equivalent non-iPhone deal?

There's been inertia until now based on the supposed "eco-system" advantage but trading on past glories only works so long, as RIM and Nokia have found out. Mercedes and VW have been trading off past glories for about 20 years!

Dropping the best mapping service for their own inferior one (just to stick two fingers up at Google) hardly fits with the image of having the best apps and user experience now does it? I sense Apple has already peaked in the mobile arena so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

It does seem rather odd, I have an iphone 4 and I'm going to hold fire upgrading to ios6 and see how the market/public react to it first :) Can upgrade to an iphone 5 soon but again I will wait and see I think :)

The beauty is that the jailbrake software is all ready to go.

I will do mine the moment I getting home.

Then If I want google mapping on it I will.

When I put the jailbrake on the iPad and iPhone 4 it was like having an uprev done.

It's good to see that individualism is rife in this debate.

B)

The beauty is that the jailbrake software is all ready to go.

I will do mine the moment I getting home.

Then If I want google mapping on it I will.

When I put the jailbrake on the iPad and iPhone 4 it was like having an uprev done.

It's good to see that individualism is rife in this debate.

B)

I'll wait for you pioneering types to iron out all the probs then :thumbs:;)

shame people have to jail break a phone to get it to do what you want; if its so good why does it need doing? does it just not turn it in to an apple shaped android phone?

No lol? Does modding your car turn it into a Ferrari? Do you understand what jailbreaking lets you do?

So many haters, also I dont pay £5 extra a month for my iphone sim its £10 a month.

shame people have to jail break a phone to get it to do what you want; if its so good why does it need doing? does it just not turn it in to an apple shaped android phone?

No lol? Does modding your car turn it into a Ferrari? Do you understand what jailbreaking lets you do?

So many haters, also I dont pay £5 extra a month for my iphone sim its £10 a month.

no idea? its why i asked?

i'm guessing it removes the restrictions apple puts on the phone to do things their way, but what exactly that is i have no idea :shrug:

not hating, more intrigued.

i'm guessing it removes the restrictions apple puts on the phone to do things their way, but what exactly that is i have no idea :shrug:

Not saying you but other people in here are like I hate apple fan boys, fan boys suck yet are massive driod boys :yawn:

Its to make it more customizable and installous. ;)

Well Jailbreaking my phone and Ipad has allowed me to play more and have some things that I otherwise might not have had.

Fantastic blacklist app and call blocker for 1.

It is a learning curve and one that I am enjoying.

I am happy.

Bang!!!

Not saying you but other people in here are like I hate apple fan boys, fan boys suck yet are massive driod boys :yawn:

That's why I posted mostly postive reviews of it :p

Questioning if it's really all that great and worthy of £500-700 isn't being a massive hater or fanboy for something else. I've used a Blackberry in the past as much as Android, have a WebOS tablet, and I'm interested to see what Microsoft/Blackberry/Mozilla/Intel bring to the party in the next year.

If Apple made a device that did exactly what I need I'd suck it up and lay my money down but they're a million miles from that and getting further away by the day.

If someone was pimping a mod to the Z that cost £500-700 would questioning its effectiveness and value cause such offence?

Its to make it more customizable and installous. ;)

Just because someone dislikes what apple stands for and it's attractaction to the general populace doesn't mean they are a fanboy of any particular brand. I can't stand the apple brand and am currently weighing up whether to go for an Samsung S3 or HTC One X. It just so happens that Android is the only viable alternative :shrug:

Safari is much, much quicker. And Siri is actually helpful now, unlike how it used to be. Panoramic photos are epic, too!

Question: Why has it evolved into Apple vs Android, when really the Android folks should be arguing over which handset is better comparing the One X, S3 etc? Surely that's a fairer comparison, and far easier to do subjectively? :shrug: