QTP Bypass Valve

JoshThePonce

Thats very interesting mate, like I say I thought I could feel a drop off when I didnt have a backbox as well but looked into it and it didnt seem to be an issue, maybe Z33's are affected mroe than other cars :shrug:

What percentage open/closed are you seeing at the moment? :D

It's the loudest road-going vehicle i've ever heard let alone the loudest 350z lol :blush:

With the valve open there is definitely a clear reduction in power, may be due to where i have it installed in the system though. I didn't buy it for any power increase however, just the noise :cloud9:

Josh I think you should visit me, I live just over the QE2 bridge and the tunnel goes back the other way :cloud9:

Thats very interesting mate, like I say I thought I could feel a drop off when I didnt have a backbox as well but looked into it and it didnt seem to be an issue, maybe Z33's are affected mroe than other cars :shrug:

Depends how long i can bare it for :lol:

No no no Dave, you come to me :p

Depends how long i can bare it for :lol:

No no no Dave, you come to me :p

you don;t understand you go and see dave, not to see dave, but for the fun of the tunnel on the way home. its the best exhaust note tester in the country :teeth:

been thinking about a cutout valve myself (was discussing this with Husky at the time), I too have the problem of having to have two. Was thinking on maybe redo the exhaust a bit and have it going from 2-1-2 and stick the cutout before the mid silencer. Has anyone thought about the effects on the engine this would have? Good to have some sort of compression from the exhaust I'd say? Who's going to be the first FI person to go with something like this? :stir:

I wouldn't mind some noise on track! I'd only do this now if it gained me some power and engine response, will ask around and see what's what. What's the electrics like? Was thinking I could make this open automatically @ certain RPM or boost, can it open quicker then 5 seconds though?

:drive1

I know another company that has a control box that can do it on rev boundaries or on manual control.

as for 2 into 1 and back to 2

my setup has an X pipe so it kind of does that, which enables exhaust gas scavenging. which helps to keep both sides of the engine balanced. i think you plan for a section where ti comes back together might be a bit restrictive. as it won;t work like an x pipe, but colide in the middle.

having 2 does not double the sound, same as having 2 exhaust back boxes doesn;t, the engine makes the same level of noise, you'll just have to outlets for the gas.

I know another company that has a control box that can do it on rev boundaries or on manual control.

as for 2 into 1 and back to 2

my setup has an X pipe so it kind of does that, which enables exhaust gas scavenging. which helps to keep both sides of the engine balanced. i think you plan for a section where ti comes back together might be a bit restrictive. as it won;t work like an x pipe, but colide in the middle.

having 2 does not double the sound, same as having 2 exhaust back boxes doesn;t, the engine makes the same level of noise, you'll just have to outlets for the gas.

Yeah not sure what's best really, probably using two get rid of the mid box use two pipes. I could probably use the Haltech to control the opening of the valves but if it takes 5 seconds I've already probably starting letting off the accelerator and dropped under the RPM limit :D

might as well keep it manual control, set it open for when you want a hoon, turn it closed for sedate or track work where decibel limits exist.

...or when they measure it at the pits :lol::blush:

good for MOT's, they'll be measuring the gases at the back, when in truth they could be shooting out the side :lol:

might as well keep it manual control, set it open for when you want a hoon, turn it closed for sedate or track work where decibel limits exist.

...or when they measure it at the pits :lol::blush:

good for MOT's, they'll be measuring the gases at the back, when in truth they could be shooting out the side :lol:

:band: haha, class

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...