Latest Birdview Satnav Europe disc

akewt

Hello

I'm trying to source a recent europe satnav dvd for my birdview satnav system.

Can anyone guide me to the right person, link etc etc. Can't find a torrent for it anywhere.

I don't care where it comes from or if its a few quid. just need it for a road through france on the 10th of september.

Thanks for any help

Read this thread first before you order one :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21268&start=0

Spotted, on another site, that the latest version will not run on systems currenly running version 6.x maps. Not sure how accurate this is but guess it means that some type of further upgrade (firmware?) of the satnav system will be need to run the latest map disk. My 06/07 map is version 7.x so maybe this is the latest.

Pete

Hi rothers2901

thanks for the link!

its a good option.

There is a further issue to take into consideration, as i've been trying to get an update for my 04 Birdview system. From what i've managed to find out is that if your current disc is running a 6.0 version you may be ok to update with a new version. But if it is running a 5.1 version the is no updates or upgrade available as nissan ceased making that particular player so no ugrades were produced. I've have gone down the route of wiring a Tomtom into the auxillary lighter switch in the passenger footwell.

Just ditch the birdpoo and get something better that you can update past 2006 :thumbsdown:

I updated the sat nav in my 2007 350z without any problems at all earlier on in the year. The latest map released at the time was Dec 2011. Certainly had all the newist roads I knew about. :thumbs:

i'm not relying solely on the birdpoo, it's very poor i agree. i am installing an SPH DA100 AppRadio unit to replace the Bose system.

But the AppRadio seems to be a little sketchy too in certain areas so want the extra jizz of both for my road trips so i don't get caught out.

i have an update disk for 2010 and i tihnk they have a new 2012 version now don't they? http://www.navigation.com/350Z-2007/Con ... bg2uHfh732

Apart from the lack of postcodes and speed cameras I really like the Birdview. :thumbs:

Same here. I had no problems with it. It knew of all the addresses I wanted to navigate too and as you say, the only things I didnt like was the lack of postcode and no speed cameras. In actual fact, I preferred it to my Tom Tom, so ended up giving that to my parents to use.

Apart from the lack of postcodes and speed cameras I really like the Birdview. :thumbs:

Unfortunately those 2 features are pretty much the most useful.... :doh:

I thought finding the nearest denim shop was the most useful?

Seriously though, postcodes can be annoying as people assume your sat nav accepts postcodes, but you can work around that easily enough. Speed cameras I'm not too bothered about, most of the sat navs I've seen with speed cameras have been wrong anyway (additional cameras usually) and I've never had so much as a parking ticket let alone a speeding ticket.

I just purchased the latest addition sat nav disc for £25 off eBay. a you want the x7 edition.

Pm me if they are all gone and I will put you onto another supplier around the £35 mark.

I have been using the same company for 5 years and that are excellent. Not sure if I could copy mine but as a last resort I will have a go.

B)

Well, after reading up on it, I'm glad I don't have any speed camera detection.

"For some years now it is has been strictly forbidden under article R413-15 of the French 'Code de la Route' (highway code) to have a speed camera detector in a car in France, regardless of whether or not it is being used.

Penalties can include fines of up to €1,500, confiscation of the device and of the vehicle."

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov ... rance.html

Postcodes won't be that useful in France of Germany too.

@4RE Leather, thanks mate, good to know. If the solution I "found" doesn't work I will give you a shout.

Well, after reading up on it, I'm glad I don't have any speed camera detection.

"For some years now it is has been strictly forbidden under article R413-15 of the French 'Code de la Route' (highway code) to have a speed camera detector in a car in France, regardless of whether or not it is being used.

Penalties can include fines of up to €1,500, confiscation of the device and of the vehicle."

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov ... rance.html

Postcodes won't be that useful in France of Germany too.

@4RE Leather, thanks mate, good to know. If the solution I "found" doesn't work I will give you a shout.

Just in case you need one urgent,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280945394639? ... 1439.l2649