Calling the Police .... for info.

slimjim

I have a number plate. L4 JDH, which I would like to change for T4 JDH.

Not JUST because it is a T4 (As I have a T4 van) but also because my wife's name is Tam, so it is Tam 4 Me.

So, how do I go about finding WHO owns "T4 JDH" so I can offer them cash and or to swap for mine?

I think a Traffic officer could give me the info ... but that would be breaking the law, wouldn't it? :unsure:

Any suggestions peeps?

Phone up dvla and see if they can help?

:fishslap:

HA HA HA ... you crazy man :lol:

Confused....?

Surely as they're the ones who supplied it, they can tell you where it is? Plus don't eurocarparks etc contact dvla for details of cars so they can send fines in the post etc?

Confused....?

Surely as they're the ones who supplied it, they can tell you where it is? Plus don't eurocarparks etc contact dvla for details of cars so they can send fines in the post etc?

I don't see why the DVLA would help, they are getting nothing out of it :shrug:

SMD is spot on. DVLA wouldn't help. EuroCarParks pay a FORTUNE to the government to have access to that Database.

I think a bent copper would be a better plan.... any on here? :lol:

You have to ask the DVLA, they're the only ones who can help you.

You need to write to them, pay the £10 fee or whatever it is now, and give them a good reason as to why you need the info. I can tell you now though that they won't release the info for that, so you might as well save yourself the time and money.

Wow that's crazy how you can find out their details on the net.

Heck so easy to find a car you like, take their reg number wait for them to go to bed and pinch the keys in the night.

That's scary!

Wow that's crazy how you can find out their details on the net.

Heck so easy to find a car you like, take their reg number wait for them to go to bed and pinch the keys in the night.

That's scary!

he he he ... to be fair, I was just lucky.

The guy only bought the plate last year, on eBay. So I managed to find his details via his feedback profile. :thumbs:

DPA doesn't apply here. I'd love to know how you knew he bought it on eBay though, just random googling?

And how do you work that out?

You can't just obtain personal data from a company because you fancy buying someone's plate......it's not public information is it?

What if you drove like a ***** and I wanted to come round and stove your face in?!??

DPA doesn't apply here. I'd love to know how you knew he bought it on eBay though, just random googling?

You can't just obtain personal data from a company because you fancy buying someone's plate......it's not public information is it?

What if you drove like a ***** and I wanted to come round and stove your face in?!??

:lol:

Because it's not a company selling/giving the info, the OP put the reg in Google and it turned up on e-bay. If I post my credit card details in the local paper I can't use the DPA to stop people using it.