Result at the Pumps

14N

Called in last night at a well known brand of supermarket petrol station that sell 99RON super unleaded and put in my usual weekly amount of £70. Went to pay and there was a small queue (5-6 people) and asked for my pump when I got to the till.

The cashier tapped away on her touch screen, looked confused, tapped away a bit more and then “somebody’s already paidâ€.

“I’m sorry, what do you mean?†I asked.

“Someone has paid for your fuel. Are you sure you have the right pump?â€

“Yeah, the grey 350Z over there†pointing to my car.

“Yeah, someone’s paid for that pumpâ€

At this point a queue was starting to form again and to cut the story short, I had to stand to the side and wait till the queue died down, so we could see which pump remained unpaid, so I could settle ‘their’ bill (which I was okay with as long as it was less than £70).

Turns out they only put £35 of fuel in their car, equalling half price fuel for me! Yay! :yahoo:

So, not only did they fail to notice and give their correct pump number, when asked to enter their card and check the amount, they also failed to notice the cost had doubled. :bangin::bang:

Just means I missed out on £35 worth of Clubcard points. Dammit.

I think we should stop a moment and think of the poor person that is now £35 down, that could be the difference between their kids getting new uniform from ASDA for school this year or not getting that new Xbox game that little Johnny wanted for his birthday :console:

Nah feck it they shouldn't be such a dumbass and just punch in their pin without checking anything :lol:

When I was entering my PIN (after checking the amount of course), the cashier felt it necessary to APOLOGISE FOR MY WAIT!!!

"It's okay" I said :teeth:

Ha ha brilliant, I'd have asked for a free chocy bar for the inconvenience. They're always trying to push 2 4 1 deals, even after you have paid at Shell.

When I was entering my PIN (after checking the amount of course), the cashier felt it necessary to APOLOGISE FOR MY WAIT!!!

Ha ha brilliant, I'd have asked for a free chocy bar for the inconvenience. They're always trying to push 2 4 1 deals, even after you have paid at Shell.

Genuine conversation at a Shell....

"would you like 2 twix for a pound sir?"

"no thank you I am diabetic"

"oh sorry, how about a bounty?"

PMSL :lol::clap:

EPIC! :lol::thumbs:

:lol::lol:

Someone called?