Colour change on Volks (Photoshop needed please)

Jay

Absolutely the right decision regarding the polished finish, my Linea Corse Dynas had polished rims before I had them changed to flat silver at Lepsons. The guy there told me I'd lose a mil or so every time the pitting needed to be machined off. Pearl white for the centres B):thumbs:

Right chaps........ The car is booked in on Thursday for a refurb. Every refurb shop I went to has told me not to go polished as they are just going to pitt and be a nightmare to keep. So I am going for a chromey style on the lip and I STILL havent decided on the colour for the centers :blush:

I think am torn between pearl white and an anthracite grey. By all means chip in guys :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely the right decision regarding the polished finish, my Linea Corse Dynas had polished rims before I had them changed to flat silver at Lepsons. The guy there told me I'd lose a mil or so every time the pitting needed to be machined off. Pearl white for the centres B):thumbs:

Right chaps........ The car is booked in on Thursday for a refurb. Every refurb shop I went to has told me not to go polished as they are just going to pitt and be a nightmare to keep. So I am going for a chromey style on the lip and I STILL havent decided on the colour for the centers :blush:

I think am torn between pearl white and an anthracite grey. By all means chip in guys :)

Cheers Graham, I love the look of the polished rims.... but they are just too much hassle to try and keep especially in the Scottish weather. Hmm I am tempted by the pearl white rims......... ahhhh I just dont know :lol:

Cheers Graham, I love the look of the polished rims.... but they are just too much hassle to try and keep especially in the Scottish weather. Hmm I am tempted by the pearl white rims......... ahhhh I just dont know :lol:

Like you, I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure :surrender:

Like you, I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure :surrender:

:lol::lol:

Chrome :scare: If you're worried about them go with a finish like phantom (matt black dish, titanium gunmetal spokes with red stripe around the edge)

volkphantomedition019kj9.jpg

I think white on white is a bit... Odd. Anthracite is just brake dust grey :p

Your name isn't puff daddy is it? :p

Chrome :scare: If you're worried about them go with a finish like phantom (matt black dish, titanium gunmetal spokes with red stripe around the edge)

I think white on white is a bit... Odd. Anthracite is just brake dust grey :p

Your name isn't puff daddy is it? :p

Lol its powder coat chrome not like normal chrome.... thanks to BM for pointing me in the right direction :blush::thumbs:

Nope my name is P. Diddy dude.... how can I help ya :blush::lol:

Lol its powder coat chrome not like normal chrome.... thanks to BM for pointing me in the right direction :blush::thumbs:

Nope my name is P. Diddy dude.... how can I help ya :blush::lol:

Oh good gravy. So it'll have a flat finish but pretend to have some reflection?

Do that on boring run of the mill wheels, but not volks :headhurt:

style_42_black_with_gold_191.jpg

:yuck: please dont do that :surrender:

Here you go Jay, sorry I had to rush it but hopefully it gives you enough of an idea :thumbs:

That's actually not bad but think it would def need lowered to pull it off. Grey is the safe option. Funky coloured calipers either way

Fair enough lol. I think Jay has something else up his sleeve but looks like he's not gonna post it here til it's done

:ninja: I need to make sure the powder coaters can do it first.... but yeh... not everyone will love the colour I am going for but hey ho....... such as life. :lol:

My lips are sealed. It probably will be marmite but I like it

Snap... plus its keeping it in the nissan paint code family :lol:

Oh, so chrome powder lips with ultra yellow or chilli red or skyline purple centres?

Possibly mate.. possibly.

I looked at the chrome powder today.. not sure they will turn out as good as the picture you sent me ... but we can only but hope :lol: