I love my zed, but..........

theheff

I can't help but wantan s2000 or an evo and I don't know why.

The zed is an amazing car. I love everything about it. But i can't help but want an evo or an s2000. I've never driven either of them. I seem to be checking pistonheads for anyone looking to swap either of them for a zed.

I've read a lot on the s2000 being an acquired taste driving wise and the interior of the evo is so unappealing and doesn't look particularly driver focused, something I love about the zed, it's all kind of wrapped around you.

Maybe I need to test drive them both and get it out my system.

Please talk me out of these thoughts

:ban::lol: Seriously, if it's really bugging you you will have to go and test drive one of them, preferably the one that you most like., hopefully this will get it out of your system. I do agree with you though the Zed is a far better looking car IMHO. I can't offer any other comments as i have never owned/driven either but I am sure those who have had them AND zeds will comment accordingly. Good luck with the can of worms you have opened :teeth:

I sat in an S2000 as it was on my shopping list along with the 350z but the S2000's interior space is small (I'm 5'11"). It was a GT spec with the hardtop roof and I felt very claustrophobic in there. I didn't even test drive it because I knew I didn't like it from that point. The 350z in comparison has acres of space and can accommodate all drivers IMHO.

The EVO's interior won't matter a jot when you feel a 320bhp+ turbo shove (like being hit in the face with a shovel....without the broken nose). The sheer acceleration force of a tuned Evo and it's "like @*!# to a blanket" handling will scare and excite in equal measure.

I used to own two highly tuned Subaru Imprezas (a classic and a bugeye) and changed to a 350Z because I thought I'd end up in a field on my roof one day when I pushed it too far. :scare:. The thing is, even though my zed is mildly tuned, the adrenalin rush of a big turbo is something I'll return to one day.....guess I'm 42 going on 17 :lol:

Go and have a look/test drive and see if any of them float your boat. :)

S2000's are more fun to drive than the Zed. Especially with the 9k rev limit.

Stock Evo's (bar 360 and 400) feel poo, don't handle amazingly and don't brake well. Spend £1K getting it to 400bhp, set of springs/coilies, decent pads and discs (brembos are wooden), and you have a super car killer. So much fun to drive, the acceleration is unreal, and 1.85bar through the stock turbo gives a nice kick up the a-se!

I've had/still kind of got the evo itch too, i've never owned a turbo car and would love to have one, the sound of the spool, the surge when the turbo kicks in, the flutter of the wastegate when you let off, it's just so :cloud9:

I think i will definitely get one eventually, but i'm not bored of the zed yet, give it a couple of years or so and i think it'll be time for me to move on :blush:

I can't help but wantan s2000 or an evo and I don't know why.

The zed is an amazing car. I love everything about it. But i can't help but want an evo or an s2000. I've never driven either of them. I seem to be checking pistonheads for anyone looking to swap either of them for a zed.

I've read a lot on the s2000 being an acquired taste driving wise and the interior of the evo is so unappealing and doesn't look particularly driver focused, something I love about the zed, it's all kind of wrapped around you.

Maybe I need to test drive them both and get it out my system.

Please talk me out of these thoughts

i cant comment on the s2000 but on the evo i wouldnt swap a zed for one,if you enjoy driving without car interference than an evo will bore the life out of you,everything is predictable and feels kind of disconnected in my opinion