Insuring the Zed for the 4th year, all mods declared :thumbs:

UpRev

Milltek Exhaust

Berks HFCs

Pop Charger

Plenum Spacer

Wheel Spacers

I.C.E.

Living in DA11 and car Garaged with it's own drive....

All quotes for outright payment not monthly...

In reverse order -

Livingston Warman £900 (500 excess)

Privilidge (renewal) £876 (650 excess)

Adrian Flux £780 (350 excess)

Sky £757 (350 excess)

Prestige £750 (650 excess)

Admiral £491 (350 excess)

So looks like the winner is Admiral, they also are covering my ICE up to £1,250 which most of the others don't do.

Note from Mary - the guy at Prestige was a knob :lol:

Not due till the end of the month so might be an update but I can't see anyone beating Admiral :shrug:

I don't get insurance companies. With Admiral, For my modified zed and my peugeot 306 shed (1.9 turbo diesel) I was £600 all in.

I am due to renew this month. My renewal quote is £470.

Get this though - this is to insure my new shed only which is a 2005 VW Golf SDI (75BHP and insurance group 4) ONLY. I have sold the zed and got shot of the peugeot. How can I go from £600 for 2 cars - a turbo diesel and modified zed to one non turbo diesel and only drop £130 off my premium?

No claims - 11 years

Driving experience - 13 years

Points - one SP30

No accidents or claims

When I phoned the guy was like there are lots of factors that affect price change. I said well:

- I am only insuring one car now.

- It is lower than both previous cars insurance groups.

- I have one years more no claims.

- It is a low powered relatively low value car

- no accidents or points since last renewal

What factor is making my premium so expensive. I will not be renewing with Admiral this year!

And when you put your details through on line with them what did the price come out as? That's the real renewal with them, not what it says on the letter through the post.

Insurance is going up all the time because people keep claiming for whiplash and the insurers need to make a profit. That's all really.

And when you put your details through on line with them what did the price come out as? That's the real renewal with them, not what it says on the letter through the post.

Insurance is going up all the time because people keep claiming for whiplash and the insurers need to make a profit. That's all really.

This and this - spot on :thumbs:

Its all going up because of "where theres blame theres a claim" culture. Last few years have seen a rocket in people claiming whiplash, and also "crash for cash" where people will randomly brake to cause a crash to they (car full of people) can claim for whiplash :thumbdown:

Or in my case my latest quote has dropped like a stone on the zed. March 2011 I was quoted £900pa to insure my 2007 313 Roadster. This dropped to around £600pa in November 2011 with Admiral when I requoted.

And now thats dropped to £340pa as of 2 weeks back through "privelage". £340. WTF is that all about? Ive 20 years ncb, so its nothing to do with another years NCB as at that level it makes no difference. No changes to any of my circumstances at all. I just clicked "requote" on confused.com.

All fully comp, kept on road, commuting to work an back. Makes me a bit gutted that I sold the car now, as one reason was that the insurance on it was costing me twice what the replacement cars insurance was.

That was me putting it through as a new quote - when I phoned they said they could drop it to £440 - I just laughed.. Found another company who will do it for £280 which is still pricy for what it is! :dry:

I cannot believe LW are that much!!!!!! :surrender:

It must be where your living as Carla is insured with me with all mods declared for about £560 I think.

Unless there is some sort of trigger for 'too many mods' which bumps it up.

I had daft experience with Admiral... cancelled the zed insurance the day she went. They started by offering me £330 refund which basically meant I had paid over £200 for less than two months cover - (renewal is start of June) I pointed this out to them and said if this was the case I would cancel the whole policy and remove the Astra as well - suddenly the refund was £560 (which was more than the zed's part of the premium in the first place :wacko: )

When I was about to purchase the Saab one week later I called to add it to the policy - they couldn't get the quote below £450 even though online as a single car policy it was coming in at £390 and they still hadn't processed the refund for the zed. :bangin:

I went with Aviva in the end but then they f*cked up the quote based on NCB and came back looking for another £80 two days after insurance - if I didn't pay it they would cancel insurance. I cancelled with them went back to Admiral reduced the expected mileage on the Astra as SAAB will be main car - put me as policy holder on both cars ( not me on one and Gary on the other) and hey presto Saab down to £300 until next June.

I mean WTF is that all about? Its a feckin racket it really is!

admiral have been cheapest for me for the last 3 years straight.

It was cheaper to declare the car is parked on the road of an evening as opposed to driveway/garage as well which i found strange (too many wing mirror dings on the side of the house im guessing) :shrug:

I know your pain Vik, you get some crazy conversations with insurers because basically the calculations they try to do are bollox. I was just playing around with the Admiral online system the other day, got a quote, went back, increased the security on the car from 'None' to 'Immobiliser' and the quote went up £50 because that makes sense doesn't it...I am more likely to make a claim because the car is better secured :surrender:

Problem is that insurers have no idea how to properly model predictive behaviour and you get this utter nonsense. Everyone seems to think its a case of 'oh lets count up the number of accidents with X Y and Z factors involved and thats got to be whats caused them' :doh:

I had daft experience with Admiral... cancelled the zed insurance the day she went. They started by offering me £330 refund which basically meant I had paid over £200 for less than two months cover - (renewal is start of June) I pointed this out to them and said if this was the case I would cancel the whole policy and remove the Astra as well - suddenly the refund was £560 (which was more than the zed's part of the premium in the first place :wacko: )

When I was about to purchase the Saab one week later I called to add it to the policy - they couldn't get the quote below £450 even though online as a single car policy it was coming in at £390 and they still hadn't processed the refund for the zed. :bangin:

I went with Aviva in the end but then they f*cked up the quote based on NCB and came back looking for another £80 two days after insurance - if I didn't pay it they would cancel insurance. I cancelled with them went back to Admiral reduced the expected mileage on the Astra as SAAB will be main car - put me as policy holder on both cars ( not me on one and Gary on the other) and hey presto Saab down to £300 until next June.

I mean WTF is that all about? Its a feckin racket it really is!

If you were on a multi car policy with admiral then this is perfectly normal and was one of the reasons I didnt do such a policy with them. They said to me that if I put both cars on the same policy then if I took one car off - maybe because i could get a cheaper quote elsewhere, then effectively there would be a penalty charge. After lookin at all the figures, id probably have saved £20 by insuring both my cars with admiral, but would be forced to use them for renewal else face a penalty if I moved one of the cars elsewhere.