P3 Estimate

Mikesding

Then it has to be down to the hourly rate surely?

I know the large West london Nissan dealership wants £600+ for a P3 and funny enough they wanted to charge me the same price as they did for my Nissan pathfinder!

I did ask Dan Perkings at Watfors and they were £200 cheaper as they said they don't change all the fluids!!

I gave up because they were all talking nonsense!

all fluids dont have to be changed ;)

Gearbox and diff fluid is supposed to be lifetime fluids

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearbox and diff fluid is supposed to be lifetime fluids

You and I may know that but it did not stop the service manager at Nissan in Shepperton trying to charged me

£150 to change the transmission fluid on my Nissan Patrol that only had 40,000 on the clock.

I was a bit green at the time but not so green that i did not try elsewhere.

Thats when Dan Perkins at Watford told me that they test the Viscosity and don't change unless nessasary.

In the end I went to Apsley motor spares and spent about £50 on parts and did all myself.

However the Zed is a different story.

By my own choice I asked Abbey to change all the fluids and drain gearbox/diff etc and replace with what they thought was the best stuff, at the same time of fitting the GTM S/C.

That way I had piece of mind and I am happy with my decision.

But how do people that don't have our knowledge find out unless we paint it in big red letters on bill boards and place them

outside Nissan dealerships!

maybe have a post under the heading "Warning read before you go to a main dealer"!

Around £630 :)

:lol:

I bet his arse dropped when he read that :lol:

To be honest before I got the car, this is the kind of price I was expecting for a V6 Sports Car... was pleasantly surprised by the quotes i've been getting! :lol:

Quite nice to see the massive variation in prices too - I live in the south so afraid you're a bit far away atkins666 or i'd go for that!

ZMANALEX - I'll give it a think and get back to you, definitely not confident enough to do it myself so i'll work out prices.

Cheers for the resposnes

Around £630 :)

:lol:

I bet his arse dropped when he read that :lol:

To be honest before I got the car, this is the kind of price I was expecting for a V6 Sports Car... was pleasantly surprised by the quotes i've been getting! :lol:

Quite nice to see the massive variation in prices too - I live in the south so afraid you're a bit far away atkins666 or i'd go for that!

ZMANALEX - I'll give it a think and get back to you, definitely not confident enough to do it myself so i'll work out prices.

Cheers for the resposnes

I with you on that, not sure I would fancy taking it all on myself, up the drive with my axle stands.

Abbey look after me - I'd say their prices are pretty competitive considering I also got them to do my spark plugs, change gearbox and clutch fluids. I don't really know what is included in a P3 but I tried to cover as much as possible since it was the first time the car was serviced under my care.

Would definitely go there again :)

Abbey look after me - I'd say their prices are pretty competitive considering I also got them to do my spark plugs, change gearbox and clutch fluids. I don't really know what is included in a P3 but I tried to cover as much as possible since it was the first time the car was serviced under my care.

+1 :thumbs:

I have to go there as Scott banned me from opening my bonnet.

He threatened to weld it shut!! :scare:

:lol::lol::lol:

P1, P2, P3

£170, £230, £250

That's my local Nissan. They also do a 3 year service plan for about £400 which in my case will be a 1-2-1

Are those prices including VAT?

Even if they wern't If my car was standard i would bite there hand off for prices that low.

B)

P1, P2, P3

£170, £230, £250

That's my local Nissan. They also do a 3 year service plan for about £400 which in my case will be a 1-2-1

Are those prices including VAT?

Even if they wern't If my car was standard i would bite there hand off for prices that low.

B)

Yes that's the full price. I know a mechanic there so specifically requested that he work on the car and I got my P3 for about £150. Still looking for an indy with more knowledge of the car, though, for more technical things that may need doing in the future.

Sorry if someone has said this already but one of things you need to be certain of is that everyone is quoting for exactly the same thing. At certain mileages and intervals extra operations are recommended so that could explain some price difference.

Had my Zed serviced at Abbey and paid around the £450 mark. Great service from the team there...highly recommend them

I think thats about the same as most pay at Abbey but Clown had extra hence the difference.

They do tend to use good quality stuff, but there hourly rate is much better than than West london dealers.

Also the guys who work there treat your car with respect, not lean up against it and scratch the wing with a jean stud

like what happened to me once.

B)

:teeth: What have you been trying to do :lol:

:teeth: What have you been trying to do :lol:

I took the Strut brace off and plastic cowling stuff/Battery cover etc to give the engine bay a clean up.

I forgot the strut brace had a spacer set to raise it.

This is due to engine having to be raised 2cm higher, so that the Super Charger pulley/manifold cleared the anti roll bar.

Kinda lost most of the spacers as most of them went down the side of the engine.

Scott sorted me out and Tony cut some new spacers, hence I am only allowed to check my fluid levels under sentence of death lol. :dance:

P1, P2, P3

£170, £230, £250

Robbed!

Wakefield Nissan: £109, £169 and £229

You's are all getting robbed, you are going to nissan....... :thumbdown:

Bloody hell when I phoned up Westover Nissan in Poole, they told me £442.00p for a P3, cant find a decent independent in the Bournemouth/Poole area so I will end up having to pay that, cant really travel too far cos my work takes me away a lot.

This is going to sound odd bt take it to Halfords auto centre on the Nuffield industrial estate. They are all good chaps and will look after you very well, cost effective and they know zed's as a few other local chaps go there. Any MOT or servicing stuff I take it to them, any modifications/fabrication I take to a friend in Gillingham.

P1, P2, P3

£170, £230, £250

Robbed!

that is the bronze silver and gold fixed price servicing, they dont match up to P1,2 and 3 in terms of what you get

the zed is also not eligible for them

Bloody hell when I phoned up Westover Nissan in Poole, they told me £442.00p for a P3, cant find a decent independent in the Bournemouth/Poole area so I will end up having to pay that, cant really travel too far cos my work takes me away a lot.

This is going to sound odd bt take it to Halfords auto centre on the Nuffield industrial estate. They are all good chaps and will look after you very well, cost effective and they know zed's as a few other local chaps go there. Any MOT or servicing stuff I take it to them, any modifications/fabrication I take to a friend in Gillingham.

Cheers Chris, I'll have to give them a call cos it needs an mot as well so I would rather get it all done at once.

P1, P2, P3

£170, £230, £250

Robbed!

that is the bronze silver and gold fixed price servicing, they dont match up to P1,2 and 3 in terms of what you get

the zed is also not eligible for them

The zed is eligible for them as I have a written quote from them stating them prices

Maybe they have messed up, doing it myself as I feel competent :p