Tesco up to 50p off a litre of fuel

370Ad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so - if you buy 5 of those items in one shop trip - you get 5 x 10p coupons - am i reading that correctly

or is it 5 separate purchases ?

Yep you can buy all the items on the same shopping trip and get 5 coupons.

Then you can use all the coupons together on one tank of fuel and get 50p off a litre :)

One Fuel Coupon for 10p off per litre of fuel will be issued per purchase of a Qualifying Product or Qualifying Deal.

I think anyway :thumbs:

so purchase any one and you get a voucher, purchase 2 and you get 2 vouchers ?? !!

Have to say im getting more and more sceptical about Tescos fuel prices. I normally fill my diesel cars up in my local waitrose - its 131.9 a litre for diesel. However, we got a 5p off a litre coupon for tescos last week so I decided to go there instead. They were 137.9 a litre for diesel, so even after the coupon it was still 1p dearer than waitrose. Still, I was on red, so put something like 75quid`s worth in the car and "saved" about £2.50.

Have to say im getting more and more sceptical about Tescos fuel prices. I normally fill my diesel cars up in my local waitrose - its 131.9 a litre for diesel. However, we got a 5p off a litre coupon for tescos last week so I decided to go there instead. They were 137.9 a litre for diesel, so even after the coupon it was still 1p dearer than waitrose. Still, I was on red, so put something like 75quid`s worth in the car and "saved" about £2.50.

My local Tesco is very cheap for fuel so it's fine for me. :)

I normally pay 131p for super at the Tesco Extra near me, I'm heading over there this afternoon so I'll buy all 5 products and then go and fill up and tell you how I get on.

I won't get to take full advantage of it as I need to do the fuel gauge fix as mine says it is empty yet I can only stick 55 litres in the thing. Still 55 litres at 50p per litre off is still £27.50 off!

But you need to spend at least £35 to get that much off though...

I reckon the best thing to buy is the toilet paper, as it's the only thing that won't go off and isn't twice the cost of everything else (the Fairy powder). Bulk buys on that anyone...

I'd like to get out of tesco one day without spending over £35!

I was previously using them for their spend over £50 for 5p off each litre.

So shopping list is:

beans

toilet roll

fairy washing powder

squash

coffee

12 cans of Stella...

easy peasy

So here's the crack,

I've been and now have 5 x 10p per litre vouchers that can be used up to 6/08 :teeth:

It isn't a bad deal, you get to choose from thh following:

1 box of fairy non bio @ £14

2 x 1.75l robinsons double strength @ £7

2 x Nescafe original @ £7

2 x Andrew gorgeous comfort quilts @ £10

any four of Beans 4 pack, large mayo, large salad cream, large tom ketchup. @ £9

I went for fairy, 4 x squash, 2x toilet paper and the any 4 deal (8 beans 1 salad and 1 tom) Total cost £46. I will now bleed my car dry and attempt to get £40 of redcued fuel but even if I don't I still will have had all of that lot for a NET £6-12 .... not bad

They have upped the price of the products to compensate though. The washing powder is the normal price but things like the squash are around 33% more expensive than they should be. It is still a bargain though if you want it.

I can't see anywhere that you've gotta spend that much

the way I was working it was to just purchase any five of those items - so the ones I were looking at came to about £21

I bought the vouchers from eBay. 5 vouchers for £9 - should save me about £30 on a tank of petrol inclusive of the price of the vouchers.

Great purchase, got in early...they'll defo sell well on ebay for those who don't have a car

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote

I can't see anywhere that you've gotta spend that much

the way I was working it was to just purchase any five of those items - so the ones I were looking at came to about £21

All changes in store..cheapest you could do would be 10 x squash at £35 or cofee, or a mixture

If you click on the specific brands at the top, it'll tell you how many you need to buy of each to qualify.

In short you'll need to spend a minimum of £7 to get every 10p off up to a min of £35 for the full 50p off.

Assuming you can get pretty darn close to empty and fill up with 75 litres at 131.9, you'll be making a saving of 75 x 50p = £37.50.

So if you actually want any of the things you can get for £7, you might as well go and get them all and get paid £2.50 for the privilege :)

Coffee seems your best bet here.

ebay prices have now gone through the roof, well done clown!

The prices will only go up so much as there is a tipping point where it becomes no cheaper to buy vouchers than to go to the supermarket and benefit from the goods and vouchers as the same price as the vouchers are on their own.