who's who

nixy

So long as the electrics don't come from a French manufacturer I don't care. Or German. I really hate seeing cars with rear lights out or brake/reverse lights that flash with the indicators.

Renault tops the bill followed by Volkswagan with inheirent electric problems that have never been addressed.

(Early morning rant over. :D Time to go to the RC track for the nationals.)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience
what a set of rotters you are to Val :lol: - he's not alone on here in being an ex CC owner there's at least 3 more - and it was a pretty cool looking car he had at the time. B)

icon22.gif

:p;)

[fair point Val on what I'm not driving ATM :headhurt: )

I'm going to take this OT again. :blush:

Funnily enough while you guys were unburdening yourselves about what you used to drive yesterday, I was in the car with the missus discussing her next motor. She's very picky with cars (styling wise only) and I finally got her to tell which cars she liked and after we'd got through the silliness (Jag XK8, Merc CLK/SLK et al) she finally said she quite fancied a black Pug 206 CC. Weird eh! :wacko:

Now, bearing in mind that she drives a Micra 1.2 at the moment, this didn't sound too bad an idea to me. Cutting to the chase, should she or shouldn't she?

Funnily enough while you guys were unburdening yourselves about what you used to drive yesterday, I was in the car with the missus discussing her next motor. She's very picky with cars (styling wise only) and I finally got her to tell which cars she liked and after we'd got through the silliness (Jag XK8, Merc CLK/SLK et al) she finally said she quite fancied a black Pug 206 CC. Weird eh! :wacko:

Now, bearing in mind that she drives a Micra 1.2 at the moment, this didn't sound too bad an idea to me. Cutting to the chase, should she or shouldn't she?

Not a big fan of Pugeots from a safety point of view, they are ok until you hit something like an hedgehog in the road, which normally results in the car been written off or the suspension geometry severely altered. But from a styling point of view they are ok. What about the new Tigra Digsy? :)

Not a big fan of Pugeots from a safety point of view, they are ok until you hit something like an hedgehog in the road, which normally results in the car been written off or the suspension geometry severely altered. But from a styling point of view they are ok. What about the new Tigra Digsy? :)

For a girlie folding hard top point of view I think the Tigra is the better looking car and rather more individual (the Pugs have sold like hot cakes over the last few years) but she's always been very lukewarm about the Vauxhall. Personally, I would rather she went for an MX5. :thumbs:

they are still a very pretty car indeed (far nicer than the tigra to look at) and you can easily improve the looks further. The 2.0 litre has quite a bit of oomph and has lots of gadgets like auto headlights and wipers and automatic climate control as well. I would have no qualms if it was under warranty as they do tend to have niggly problems with engine management system and electrical stuff. However, if you do go for an older one there's some bargains to be had.

For a girlie folding hard top point of view I think the Tigra is the better looking car and rather more individual (the Pugs have sold like hot cakes over the last few years) but she's always been very lukewarm about the Vauxhall. Personally, I would rather she went for an MX5. :thumbs:

Just that i saw a new one the other day and thought it looked good B)

Val are we the only two nightowls online at the moment!!! :( ps if we are we can entertain ourselves & start discussing wheels again!! :wacko:

ps mods this forum clock is 1 hr too fast! :yawn:

spent ALL day yesterday playing Supreme Commander, I'm on Mission 4 and it took me all day until 1am..... that game is HUUUUUGE! :teeth:B) (and addictive, don't usually play RTS, but loved Total Annihilation years back and this is a bigger and better TA B) )

PS your's clock can be changed in yr profile, mine is fine for example ;)

Do hedgehogs have suspension? :blush:

206cc, what are those two things in the back? I think the manufacturer refers to them as seats. :dry:

That's my real gripe with these types of cars. Tigra or MX5 would be my recommendation to anyone who's thinking about something in this range. New MX5 has a metal folding roof.

I did ask the Audi reps about the rear seat deal at the launch of the new TT. They said that more cars sell with rear seats in them then without even if only an amputee could fit in them. They of course didn’t say amputee but you know what I mean.

Guy