Andys JOGLE - Write up and pics page 6.

AK350Z

That boy will eat whatever is put in front of him :thumbs:

Andy has been treated to Garlic Bread for starter followed by a plate FULL off Chilli Rice, for afters - chocolate, crisps, biscuits and nuts. Washed down with a bottle of Wine.

I think he's recovered :#1:

He now has his feet up on the recliner watching the Olympics.

Sounds like starters to me :snack:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOGLE Day 8: leeds to Wetton in the south peaks. Another day of many hills! Great cycle paths out of Bradford though, and made good time though derbyshire. Total mileage about 80.

JOGLE Day 9: Wetton to Birmingham. Appointment at Ians house for a day off and a bbq :) Fairly short day of 70 odd miles on good paths and back roads - well, at least until you get to Brum anyway! Weather still fantastic, very warm though, many cold drinks and ice pop stops needed.

JOGLE Day 10: Rest day!! :yahoo:

Day 11: Birmingham to Cirencester. 60 damp but quiet miles, good old Sundays!

Day 12 : Cirencester to Wells. Another 60 occasionally damp miles, are you seeing a pattern here? Both days it has got out nice in the evenings, so can't complain too much. Only another 3 days to go now I think, I can almost smell the end!

Newton abbot tomorrow, I'm staying at my old university mate mikes house, its a proper bachelor pad, and he's even built a hot tub since I was last down there 3 years ago, so can't wait for that! :D

First time I have caught this thread! You are truly mental - I would absolutely love to do something like this. Maybe when you write up a thread on completion giving us the final details, it will inspire me enough to man up and do it.

.....or if not, give me something to read while I slob about and drink more beer.

Day 13: wells to newton abbot. Did about 80 miles today to get to my mate mikes house. Weather stayed good all day, although looking at the forecast, tomorrow is looking really really bad!

I would like to see the hot tub :teeth:

Day 13: wells to newton abbot. Did about 80 miles today to get to my mate mikes house. Weather stayed good all day, although looking at the forecast, tomorrow is looking really really bad!

Simple take two weeks off work and cycle :#1:

Who told you about the hot tub? ;)

It was great BTW, I nearly passed out after staying in too long though! :D

:lol: Nearly there mate, take care :thumbs:

Who told you about the hot tub? ;)

It was great BTW, I nearly passed out after staying in too long though! :D

JOGLE day 14: Newton Abbot to St. Austall. The weather bites back! Delayed leaving the safety of the house this morning so as to only get 1.5 hours soaking, it was truly grim on the streets. The gale force winds hung around all day though, making progress difficult. Oh, and the cornish hills have kicked in too!

Not only the infamous hills have started, but also the traffic! Christ its busy through the day, I suppose its August, but it does take the shine off a bit having a car or hgv passing your right ear every 30 seconds.

JOGLE Day 15: St. Austall to Hayle. After yesterday weather, decided to spend the morning at the Eden Project as it was only 1 mile from camp. It's really good, well worth the visit, especially if you get there early. After that it was 40 miles of bathtime down to the final camp at Hayle nr. St. Ives.

JOGLE Day 16. Hayle to Lands End! 20 miles each way to the end. Weather still ****, in fact a symmetrical bookend to the weather at John o'Groats two weeks ago. Consolation prize was stopping for food about 4 times in 5 hours ;)

Total mileage:

Big thanks to Vik and Ian for looking after me on their respective days, especially for the calories! :D

I'll try and do a better write up when I get home, but there's one more stage to do yet!

Well done Mr AK :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fancy an outing in Wales over the bank holiday on a proper bike? (still trying to get Amanda in on the idea mind!)

The poor chap has just spent two weeks and endless miles travelling the country and you want him to go for a ride this soon. Man that's brave!!

Well done!

I just saw the title of this thread and it reminded me of a joke that not many on here will understand but you should.

Two pies in the oven;

One pie says, "Hi mate, I'm Fray Bentos"

The other pie replies, "Oh are ya, i'm frey Wigton." :lol::lol::lol:

Well done Mr AK :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fancy an outing in Wales over the bank holiday on a proper bike? (still trying to get Amanda in on the idea mind!)

The poor chap has just spent two weeks and endless miles travelling the country and you want him to go for a ride this soon. Man that's brave!!

PFfft, riding a road bike is no effort compared to where he has to ride off road at home. Merly a warm up :lol: