Andys JOGLE - Write up and pics page 6.

AK350Z

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Stockton on Tees works out as one of your evening stops, give me a shout for a bed for the night! ( may even stretch that to a beer aswell).

Staying at a lovely b&b i've been to before in Crook nr. Durham, but thanks. :thumbs:

Andy, are you being raising money for a worth while charity for your efforts? :)

It crossed my mind Graham, but to be honest its pretty much a holiday really, so i'd feel a bit daft going on hols for charity!

Just getting ready for the day 0 Prologue! I'm cycling from mine to my mates house in Carlisle ready to get the train tomorrow morning. about 60 miles up the coast I think, a bit wet and wind is blowing a bit today, but mostly southerly so that should be good. Hopefully not the last tail wind i'll have for the next two weeks... :surrender:

Just getting ready for the day 0 Prologue! I'm cycling from mine to my mates house in Carlisle ready to get the train tomorrow morning. about 60 miles up the coast I think, a bit wet and wind is blowing a bit today, but mostly southerly so that should be good. Hopefully not the last tail wind i'll have for the next two weeks... :surrender:

As I said on FacePalm - MTFU! :p

Good luck bud, you know where we are if you need us!

Well guess what? Viks laptop was dead, so it'll just have to wait! I can give a brief overview of the trip so far, bit I'm on the phone, so typing will be minimal, I've copied in my faceache updates here:

JOGLE day 1. 40 damp and cloudy miles from Wick to John o Groats and back. Trench foot seems a possibility at this rate.

JOGLE Day 2: Wick to Fortrose, 90 miles. I haven't got Wiggins legs, but I've sure got his tan lines.

JOGLE Day 3: Fortrose to Braemar, almost 100 miles I think. Put in 11 hours in the saddle, and the Caingorms didn't even start till hour 6! Biggest ride ever, longest day on a bike ever.

JOGLE day 4 - Braemar to dundee. An easyish day at last, 50 miles from the hills to the coast, so plenty of downhill! 3 course dinner, washing done, and a real bed - Big thanks Vik and Gary. back to the mileage tomorrow, another 90 of them.

It was at times Vik, the forth north shore to the bridge was a nightmare. The path was mostly unsurfaced, and the route finding was hit and miss :(

The afternoon was ok, but started raining again just before Galashiels. Oh yes, and it was 100 miles dead on the cycle computer...

Arrived at Galashiels at 5.30pm

Miles: 100

Inches of rain: 1.5

Legs: 7/10

Arse: 5/10

Cheered myself up with a good steak and rhubarb crumble for tea. Allegedly the weather is improving from tomorrow...

Day 6: A good 80 odd miles from Galashiels to Crook, near Durham. Quite a good ride, up until the last couple of hours where I had to start crossing all the tyne and wear valleys, there's dozens! Not joking, I must have done 10000ft climbing today.

Taking the path of least resistance tomorrow, shadowing the A1 to get to my sisters in Leeds.

JOGLE Day 7: The Crook to Leeds 84 mile time trial! Needed to get here before my Sis went on her night shift, so made full advantage of the nice weather and flat roads. Really good cycling today, and especially thanks to whoever organised the peloton to help me out down the A61 between Ripon and Harrogate ;) The guys let me draft on the back although the pace was quite hot, the assistance let me keep up. It certainly dispatched the miles to Harrogate fast enough. :surrender:

Averaged well over 13 miles per hour today, so probably the fastest day of the trip so far, maybe even halfway now, and if not, it definitly will be tomorrow.

Indeed he is, I believe he's watching Ian wax his hedge but I may have got my wires crossed :wacko:

Hopefully you're in Brum by now enjoying some of Wasso's hospitality - have a good day off! :D

Ooo errrr, dont think Andy will appreciate that after so much hard work :headhurt:

Andy has been treated to Garlic Bread for starter followed by a plate FULL off Chilli Rice, for afters - chocolate, crisps, biscuits and nuts. Washed down with a bottle of Wine.

I think he's recovered :#1:

He now has his feet up on the recliner watching the Olympics.

That boy will eat whatever is put in front of him :thumbs:

Andy has been treated to Garlic Bread for starter followed by a plate FULL off Chilli Rice, for afters - chocolate, crisps, biscuits and nuts. Washed down with a bottle of Wine.

I think he's recovered :#1:

He now has his feet up on the recliner watching the Olympics.