Expected service cost

djrm

Hi!

My Z is due for a service, the things that I think need to be seen to are;

Oil change

All filters changed

Spark plugs changed

Suspension is squeaking so bushes and anti roll bar links I'm guessing?

And just an all round check over...

How much should I expect to pay for this? Should I take it to Nissan?

Thanks

Ryan B)

Cost us about £350ish I think from an indy (supplied own engine oil, plugs and filter);

- Oil drop & filter change.

- Diff oil change

- Gearbox oil change

- Brake fluid change

They supplied the brake fluid, gearbox oil and diff oil (one of which was a bloody fortune!)

Make a day of it. Book it in at Abbey, use their courtesy car to take the wife/girlfriend out of the day somewhere in not so sunny Surrey! :teeth:

Not a bad idea that!!

Make sure you mention that when you book as they're busy boys down there ( and don't expect a Z or GTR :lol: )

The Micra has a GTR number plate :lol:

other then that lol :dry:

Team AFM in Martleshan seem to be good according to rtbiscuit, and then there's GBH Motorsport in Langham near Colchester (They have a Zed owner on their books) and then we go further south.

DMS in Erith, whom I have used myself before, great service and good price too (if i remember correctly, Dixon did me a P3 for £350-ish, all fluids included)

Nissan in Ipswich just quotaed me £345 for a P1 !!

The local independant down the road will be doing it I think - £90 plus VAT :#1:

:blink: £345 for an oil change? You have to be sh*tting me! :lol:

That is *very* excessive. Genuine filter is about a fiver and oil is about 30quid. Even a YTS trainee mechanic could do it in about 30mins. Longest bit i found was getting the sump shield off. Even if they charged £50 an hour and charged for the full hour (to give the YTS lad chance to have a cup of tea and a sleep) your`d be looking at less than £100.

Yeah i tried AFM but they seem to have a long list on their books at the min and Rob is going away soon to the Nürburgring, and wern't as cheap as I was expecting (hoping) :shrug:

You can also try Autofit on Britannia Road, Ipswich, they have worked on my car before, mostly tyres, MOT's and exhaust swaps.