Search function not working

Chesterfield

All,

This issue should now be fixed, the search function contained within the site itself should now work. Please note you can search within within a topic, within a forum, or across the whole of the forum - depending on where you are when you click the search button. You can always change this to search the whole forum, by clicking the little grey box within the search box itself and choosing where you want to search.

We are aware that the search function is not working corectly at present. This is to do with ongoing issues on the server. We have had to re-write the way that the search function accesses our database due to some of the load it puts on the server.

As we are now approaching 1 million posts, some of the modifications to this software from its original out of the box look mean that more queries are run as part of a search, sometimes accessing nearly all 1 million posts.

At present you may not see a comprehensive list of results when searching, and many historic posts will be missing completely from the search.

This will be rectified when we implement the fixes, which at this moment are scheduled for a release around 1st August - though depending on progress, this could be brought forward.

Once again thank you for your patience while we resolve these niggles and take the club forward.

An alternative to searching via the forum....

Head to google and enter the web address into the search area

350z-uk.com

After this enter your criteria

Example : 350z-uk.com delta wing

It will deliver all threads necessary with the aforementioned criteria

Thats a good tip. you can search for whatever you like in google followed by "site:350z-uk.com" (without the quote marks) and this will limit your search to results from this site alone.

According to google they have about 127,000 search records for our site alone, so you should be abel to find some help there.

Normal service will resume eventually. :)

Delete Sarnie, Neilp, Ricey and Spursmaddave's posts and bring it down to about half a million :lol:

:scare: Hold the phone Joan I provide a valuable and knowledgable service to the world with my insightful comments!

I suppose this means we can't be mean to newbies for a while can we :dry: We might actually have to be patient and helpful.......I'll do it.....but I don't like it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep - the serach should now be working properly here now. No need to use the google method. Google will be recaching this site like mad, as not a single page it has cached will be available here now. Expect to see the googlebot logged into the forum quite a lot at present. :lol:

Google will not like us for a while. We've completely changed the URL structure, so until its re-indexed the site, you wont get hits on threads. Worst of all is external links to us as we dont have a way to map old URL to new so they will all fail too :(