Anyone off to Silverstone this weekend?

Iv been at silverstone since Wednesday it's a complete mud bath, it was the campsite marshals towing people around in buggies on Thursday that chewed the ground up proving that they need to spend a bit more money on the campsite so they don't have to resort to it

Iv been at silverstone since Wednesday it's a complete mud bath, it was the campsite marshals towing people around in buggies on Thursday that chewed the ground up proving that they need to spend a bit more money on the campsite so they don't have to resort to it

Any idea what the car parks are like mate? My friends are setting off soon. Any info is welcome :thumbs:

Will be attending tomorrow (hopefully). I have just been and had the summer wheels & tyres swapped over for the wet and muddy ones :lol: Though looking at the pictures, I could have probably done with something a bit more extreme. :headhurt:

Maybe should have specced the winch after all :lol:

There's a few guys I know going, they're planning on getting there for between 5am and 6am tomorrow to give themselves the best chance of actually getting into see some of the racing! :scare:

Me and the missus were talking earlier this year about maybe doing an F1 race and I did think about Silverstone. I think I shall change my plans somewhat now and choose a different one for next year...

There was a report on the lunchtime news there - folks whinging about being sat in traffic for hours and then being turned away from the car parks - I mean are folks that thick?! Its obviously a wash out this year so why set off in the first place?! :wacko:

They said they are holding off on a decision on what to do tomorrow (i.e. partial openiong or cancellation) until later this afternoon but at present there isn't a usable (grass) car park so they wouldn't be able to open fully to spectators.

Been to this race many times, but I don't bother now. It's far too expensive now to watch in the pouring rain year after year. Would rather Spend my money and watch a race abroad instead. The uk is becoming a non event nation for me!

Been to this race many times, but I don't bother now. It's far too expensive now to watch in the pouring rain year after year.

Funny, I went to every British GP from 1972 to 1988 (some of those were at Brands Hatch) and it only rained at one of them, 1975 I think. The only GP I attended abroad was the Monaco GP also in 1975 and it lashed it down most of the time :shrug: The 1972 GP at Brands cost me £5 entry fee (at the gate on the day) and 50p for a paddock pass, I believe it's £155 entry fee these days :scare: One of the problems with attending a British GP is the sheer scale of the number of spectators, back in the 70's it was around 40-50k, with maybe 10k attending practise ,nowadays its 120,000 and a course in the middle of nowhere with just one main road can barely cope even if the weather is perfect.

Pete