I girled it.

docwra

So I took my Zed to Le Mans this year - we usually go in a campervan but it failed its MoT sadly. Had a good run down, couldnt believe how good it sounded in tunnels (we dont get them round these parts see) although I knew there was something up with my exhaust when we left as it sounded a lot better than a standard car :)

Had a good time then convoyed back with a 400hp S14 and a LS2, Procharged V8 S14 with about 650hp :scare: Was all going well until we hit some road that Johnny Frog had decided to dig up, but leave the ironwork all nice and raised ......... when you only have about 2.5 inches of clearance that was not fun. It became apparent that the ironwork had damaged my exhaust as tunnels then sounded like this:

th_VIDEO0060.jpg

There are other, better vids about, I just need to track them down but as you can hear, its louder than the LS2 car (sadly not as quick though). By the time we got to Calais even the Ferrari drivers were looking round to see where the Ferrari was, it sounded insane :evil:

When I got it home I had a look and the centrepipe had totally detached from the backbox (which would explain the incredible racket it was now making), and I noticed it was down on power too so I went and got it repaired this morning ......... but rather than a flamespitting Italian monster Im back to a whimpering homosexual :thumbdown:

So Im in two minds whether to just drill a hole ion the exhaust (cheap and chavvy, I know but it was working effectively last time) or try to find something that howls, pops, bangs and generally sings, one thing Im not keen on is this silent business as I drive about. Whats the howliest exhaust you can buy (only need it catback as Ive got decats in) :)

Bennett runs Japcrap K1, Japcrap Y Pipe and decats.

Take a look at the last Wales thread and lookup DJtimo's video it's at the end.

Thats with bungs in, bungs out and you and everyone around you WILL be deaf.

I had a hks rep. It was loud but it was very bassy boomy and typically "jap". Not the sound I was going for. I like the Ferrari-ish noise. Deep but not too deep and a lil bit of rasp.

You could drill holes but not he sleekest method but free. I looked into

Some sort of ollettle mod I'm sure that would be possible. Electronic cut outs could work too.

K1 is very load if thats what you like

See, I dont really want loud, certainly not all the time or Id have just kept it broken :wack:

Id like fairly reasonable at cruising speed and howling like an F430 on throttle if possible. Wasso - cant find it mate :bangin:

EDIT: DBlock, was actually thinking about somethign you could remove and put back as the mood took you, Ive never heard another 350 sound remotely like what mine was doing after the ironwork.

Milltek could be an option. Not that loud on its own compared to other systems, but a fantastic slighly raspy howl and no boomy chavvy stuff. I have HFCs paired with mine and it'll fill a tunnel quite nicely if you get me. As you've got decats already I can only imagine it'll be considerably louder.

DB

+1 :thumbs:

Milltek could be an option. Not that loud on its own compared to other systems, but a fantastic slighly raspy howl and no boomy chavvy stuff. I have HFCs paired with mine and it'll fill a tunnel quite nicely if you get me. As you've got decats already I can only imagine it'll be considerably louder.

DB

I can see your sig and smileys :shrug:

Really? Damn that's just confused me! I can see everyone elses, including mine in this post ( :wacko: ), just not below the youtube clip above.

EDIT: Great! Now I can see those smileys just not the sig.... wtf is going on?!?

EDIT 2: Looks like a mod removed the link to youtube which fixed the smileys, I just edited and saved which fixed the sig... must be an issue with the youtube link?!?

Car sounds awesome with a blown exhaust, doesn't it? It's only a problem if you have a long commute as it'll drone like a mother... I don't think there is anything on the market that can really replicate that sound without it being annoying whilst cruising. I'm considering getting a custom system made to at least come close to that spitting fiery Jap dragon that I used to have before getting the exhaust welded and fixed.

Car sounds awesome with a blown exhaust, doesn't it? It's only a problem if you have a long commute as it'll drone like a mother... I don't think there is anything on the market that can really replicate that sound without it being annoying whilst cruising. I'm considering getting a custom system made to at least come close to that spitting fiery Jap dragon that I used to have before getting the exhaust welded and fixed.

See new post from trader "Driftworks" .......... I think Ive found my answer ;)

See new post from trader "Driftworks" .......... I think Ive found my answer ;)

I've heard those being mentioned before, but never really knew what was being talked about. Seems like a good option for those with the OEM exhaust and want to have some bark every now and again :thumbs: