Going to view this car - what to look out for?

loulouj

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... logcode=kp

Ok so i've spotted this car and it pretty much fits the bill bar colour but that can be easily changed. They've given me a good price on part ex and its pretty local which is a winner.

its had 5 owners, 7 stamps in the service book and will have a new mot.

what should i look out for?

Thanks L :)

Its done very low mileage for the year. So, the first thing id be checking is that the service history is all correct and matches up with the mileage. Id be looking at previous MOT`s - you can check these online - i think you need the reg number and the number from either the v5 or current MOT - then it will list all the previous MOT`s and any advisories and the mileage at the time.

Outside of that, other obvious things are the tyres... if they are needing to be replaced soon your looking at £525 for Falkens and upto £1000 for some other more expensive brands. Check for a clicking noise from back axle, the drivers door handle inside is prone to chips, if its got the bose system, try a cd to see if its skipping or working fine, the front bumper on them are very prone to stone chips - so if its chipped you can use that to knock off a few quid.

Looks like a nice clean car! Good luck!

Ohh dont forget to check on the operation of the front fog lights, rear electric windows and the reach adjustable steering wheel as the advert claims. If they dont work properly (or they don't exist ;) ), use it as an excuse to knock money off the asking price :thumbs:

Its done very low mileage for the year. So, the first thing id be checking is that the service history is all correct and matches up with the mileage. Id be looking at previous MOT`s - you can check these online - i think you need the reg number and the number from either the v5 or current MOT - then it will list all the previous MOT`s and any advisories and the mileage at the time.

Outside of that, other obvious things are the tyres... if they are needing to be replaced soon your looking at £525 for Falkens and upto £1000 for some other more expensive brands. Check for a clicking noise from back axle, the drivers door handle inside is prone to chips, if its got the bose system, try a cd to see if its skipping or working fine, the front bumper on them are very prone to stone chips - so if its chipped you can use that to knock off a few quid.

Looks like a nice clean car! Good luck!

Thanks for the help guys. I didnt realise you could check MOTs online. Will give it a thorough check along with the other half.

Just fingers crossed I can get there to view it before it sells!

L : )

I'd call them and ask why the Autroder add says 48,600 miles and their own website says 84,600 miles and find out which is correct ;)

Looks like a nice car though, got to be worth having a look at :)

Oh crap. I didnt notice that. Eurgh its blatently going to be the higher one. I'm glad someone is switched on. Will find out.

I'd call them and ask why the Autroder add says 48,600 miles and their own website says 84,600 miles and find out which is correct ;)

Looks like a nice car though, got to be worth having a look at :)

What a spot, well done :#1:

Do this as it obviously affects the price!

:yahoo: "Whoop-Whoop" indeed :yahoo::lol:

Fingers crossed you'll get a chance to get down there on Saturday and get a decent nose around it. Don't forget to check the cars for sale on the forum to have something to compare against it. Also remember the points that people have raised here when you're checking it. Most importantly don't forget the following.........you don't have to buy it unless it's exactly the right car for you ;)

Ohh dont forget to check on the operation of the front fog lights, rear electric windows and the reach adjustable steering wheel as the advert claims. If they dont work properly (or they don't exist ;) ), use it as an excuse to knock money off the asking price :thumbs:

:lol:

lol! excellent! :)

Is it just me or does that shut line look totally wrong:

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgse ... 2076605293

Looks closed at the top, so there shouldn't be a gap like that should there? :shrug:

Dunno, I think the door's slightly open personally, I can see mine on the drive from here and the top of the door sits more flush than in that picture.

Not sure why they'd take a pic with the door cracked open but hey ho.

DB

Is it just me or does that shut line look totally wrong:

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgse ... 2076605293

Looks closed at the top, so there shouldn't be a gap like that should there? :shrug:

Dunno, I think the door's slightly open personally, I can see mine on the drive from here and the top of the door sits more flush than in that picture.

Not sure why they'd take a pic with the door cracked open but hey ho.

DB

+1 door is cracked open.

So i viewed the car this morning. I know what you mean about the door looking dodgy in the pic but the guy assured me that there were no problems. Viewed the car. Took my little list of everything to look out for and i have to say the car was pretty immaculate. tyres alright, lots of wear left on the break discs, body work in good nick and alloys. drove really well, no rear axle clicking noises, bose radio and sat nav working fine. Agreed to MOT it and give it a P3 service. Did an hpi check before i left and no issues showed up. they offered me a great part ex price..... needless to say the deposit was done!!!

I am a very happy girly after wanting one of these for some time and hunting hard for the last 4 months. Will be picking it up next weekend!

:teeth: