Anyone driven a Jag XK?

Bobbyheinz

So, I'm always thinking ahead and although I've had my Zed less than a year (and love it) I'll probably be looking for something new in the next year or two.

I absolutely love the look of the 06+ Jag XK...however, in terms of power it's roughly the same as the Zed (300bhp)..and has the same 0-60 time.

However, while the Zed produces 260lbs/ft of torque, the XK produces 310.

I guess what I'm wondering is, does the XK really feel any faster than Zeds?

Also, anyone who's driven one, how did you find it?

Not driven one but I think people get far too hung up on 0-60 times you know.

I mean unless your planning on racing for slips how often do you really need to hit 60 in 5.whatever seconds.

Torque is where it's at.....real world power always shows once the car is rolling.

I got totally obliterated by 320d in my 3l Z4......whilst I'm not dominic torretto I simply couldn't get near him.

Jag will be plentiful I reckon

Dude why do you want a Jag when your under 25? :lol:

:scare: much as I'm now 30 you've spent the last 2 weeks convincing me to get a merc with wood interior!

A mercedes is different ;)

I actually had the chance to sell my car and take a merc, but I like driving both. When I cant be bothered driving or when its really cold and wet the 350z is a pain TBH. After a 16 hour shift I want to sit in a car and whisk me home. When its a cracker of a day I love the 350z :lol:

But Merc and BMW over jag, volvo, saab or audi any day of the week IMO.

WOOD FTW!

maybach-62-0837.jpg

don't know the xk150 as well as i do the xkr100 but

if comparing the XKR150 to the XKR100 then aesthetically i think the 100 is better looking but the running gear in the 150 is better. so my guess is down grade the XKR150 to an XK it should be fairly similiar.

V8's are great, the V6 is a good engine but get a good exhaust on the XK and you'll be sold for life. nice place to be. nice having the space of backseats even if you can;t really fit people on them.

but must admit i waited till i was about 30 as i didn't feel old enough to drive one before then, always felt as if i would have been driving my dads car :lol:

I'm a big fan of the XK.

Because of mileage I do and ferrying a two year old here and there I went for a BMW 535d.

The torque is pretty amazing, the twin turbos help plus its economical. It should make close to 350bhp and over 500lbs of torque once mapped too, the only bad point is some scumbag broke into it Birmingham last week and now the anti trap on the window is playing up and the airbags lights on :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the XK.

Because of mileage I do and ferrying a two year old here and there I went for a BMW 535d.

The torque is pretty amazing, the twin turbos help plus its economical. It should make close to 350bhp and over 500lbs of torque once mapped too, the only bad point is some scumbag broke into it Birmingham last week and now the anti trap on the window is playing up and the airbags lights on :rant:

In a straight line, would you say the 535 would blow the zed away?

Having moved to an Elise, I'm missing having torque and space and definitely considering a 535 or a 335 (petrol or diesel) for my next car.

I'm a big fan of the XK.

In a straight line, would you say the 535 would blow the zed away?

Having moved to an Elise, I'm missing having torque and space and definitely considering a 535 or a 335 (petrol or diesel) for my next car.

I can confirm it would nail the Zed in a straight line certainly rolling.

I came of a round about beside a 535 a few days ago on to the dual carriageway so went from around 25-70 and I was really taken aback by how easily the BMW pulled away!