Sarnie's new wheels

Sarnie

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Liam.

Im sure the arrival of these wheels was hyped more than many films :lol:

They really do look good, sadly I would have to convince the boss that the GT4 rims dont cut it on an UY! :blush:

Need a meet to show them off now :teeth:

Cheers Chris :thumbs:

It felt like everyone else was more excited than i was :lol:

I know what you mean about about the 'new wheels and mrs' combo. Mine thinks they are 'cheapo' ones for the summer :ninja::blush::lol:

I was desperate for them to come for the NW run but unfortunately they didn't. i'm sure there will be plenty of meets in the near future :teeth:

Sarnie,

Well they finally here and on mate! They look fantastic.... you just can't beat black wheels on a UY!

They sooooo nice mate :thumbs: U must be chuffed to bits.

I was going to ask you about whether you had lowered it as well. Looks strange but yours seems to sit lower (or at least look lower) with your rims than mine does...... but I think its looks swweeeetttt :yahoo:

PS. I'd get some Richbrook spinning caps for your wheels and save the Rays caps for meets etc! Otherwise they'll be gone

Sarnie,

Well they finally here and on mate! They look fantastic.... you just can't beat black wells on a UY!

They sooooo nice mate :thumbs: U must be chuffed to bits.

I was going to ask you about whether you had lowered it as well. Looks strange but yours seems to sit lower (or at least look lower) with your rims than mine does...... but I think its looks swweeeetttt :yahoo:

PS. I'd get some Richbrook spinning caps for your wheels and save the Rays caps for meets etc! Otherwise they'll be gone

Yeah it is strange about the lowering thing. The front definetly looks lower now, I wouldn't want it any lower than that otherwise it would look chav imo. When I first pulled up i noticed straight away but thought the spot i chose was uneven so I moved but looking at the photo's it definetly looks lower now.

Yeah I did think that about the caps, will get some today :thumbs:

can i just say......

TINY LIP ON THE BACKKKKK :bleh:

A bit small isn't it? ;)

They do look great apart from that small detail :teeth:

Oh and welcome to the PWC B)

Look sweet mate B) not quite sure it was worth 18 pages on the thread but nontheless they look awesome.

Don't bother lowering it, looks fine.

Ignore Val, he would never have been happy unless the wheels said WORKS :p

the PWC is the Proper Wheels Club, to which I'm President and Founder.

It's a very exclusive Club, one to which you can only be welcomed to if your wheels are approved by its President, ie me! :teeth:B)

:lol:

Look sweet mate B) not quite sure it was worth 18 pages on the thread but nontheless they look awesome.

Its Sarnies thread, of cause it will be 18 pages long! Its to make up for the lack of speed of his UY! :p

I'd leave it standard.. :thumbs:

hmmmmm thats what i'm thinking.

RIMS014.jpg

If you look at the front wheel arch, i think thats as far as i would want it to go, or am i mad?

doesnt need lowering in my view!

RIMS019.jpg

RIMS012.jpg

They are Volk SF Challenge in 19 X 8.5 +21 and 19 X 9.5 +23 with Pirelli Assymetrics on the rear 285/35/19 and Pirelli Pzero Nero's 245/35/19 on the front. Picked up the tyre for £500.

They are Diamond Black spokes which are limited edition (and extra cost) which is why they took so long as they are made to order.

They cost £1877 from Chris at Funkystyling who was about £300 cheaper than every source i tried. Ordered on 12/03/07 and arrived today. Big thanks to him for putting up with me spamming his email inbox everyday with 'Are they here yet' type questions. :blush:

Also a big thanks to Digsy for advice on the offsets, Lomoto for tyre advice and Jacko for his help today :thumbs:

Suffice to say, I am in love. :)

look fantastic Sarnie B)

can i just say......

TINY LIP ON THE BACKKKKK :bleh:

A bit small isn't it? ;)

They do look great apart from that small detail :teeth:

Oh and welcome to the PWC B)

I didn't want a big lip ;)

Big lips are soooo 2004 :yuck:

Big lips are soooo 2004 :yuck:

yeah yeah mate... your wheels were on Zeds since 2003... talk about being done over and over again (and in the UK too :surrender:;) ) :p:teeth:

All that proves is that quite a few people have agreed with my choice previously but no one has had the diamond black finish ;)

Also, show me one picture of a uk zed with the sf challenge rims APART from Dorians :D

SF C's are very popular in the US. And in Diamond Black. Seen loads of pictures on my350z.com. Common as much mate.

Still a good choice and what does it matter. These were my second choice of wheel. :thumbs:

Watch the lips. They are plated, which means if you kerb them it can't be polished out. Unlike the Work Meister's..... ;)