New Member who would like a little advice please.

Hi guys.

Hi Guys, Just like to say big thanks for the website as I have been using it a lot prior to putting down a deposit for a 350Z roadster yesterday.

Before going down to splash on some cash It would be great to have some thoughts on the car I'm about to buy.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the car as it's already been taken off autotrader and I didn't think to save the pics. It’s in pristine condition with not a mark on the inside and out. It has full leather interior but it’s it not the GT which will have more than enough power as I’ve been driving an mr2 roadster for the last 2 years :drive1

It’s a 350Z roadster from a prestige car dealership, in which they also have a Lambo, Aston Martin, Range rover’s etc in their show room which is normally a good sign.

Anyways the 2005 350z Roadster is a UK model in Gun metal grey , It has 28,000 miles on the clock , Full Nissan Service History (Been serviced religiously every year since new), It's also in Nissan getting its annual service as we speak with new front pads and bridgestones included. The car also comes with a full RAC inspection .The best price I can get the car for is 9.5K which I think is a pretty good deal and was wondering what you guys thought ? I know you can get one of similar age for less money but the mileage and full service history not to mention how clean the car looks give’s it added value in my opinion.

It would be great to hear some views.

Cheers

Laurence

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess that, in normal circumstances, it might be viewed that £9.5k is expensive in the current market. However, in the big scheme of things, if you intend to keep the car for a while and you are convinced re the condition and service history and presumably warranty then my view would be to get it because if you get the wrong one it will probably end up costing you that anyway.

Good luck with it :thumbs:

Non GT with leather seats????

Good point. If it has heated leather seats and cruise control its a GT. GT is a spec not a full model, as such. It won't necessarily say GT on the the V5, although I have heard of some that have!

Presumably it could be a non-GT where someone has paid to have leather seats?

Pretty sure it's a non Gt with upgraded non heated leather seats.)

I was looking at some with 60K+ miles for a couple of K cheaper but we only do 4-5K a year so when it comes to selling in roughly 3 years time, (Usually get board after 2-3 years) It will go for half decent money plus It will still have a lot of life left in her .(It's not an investment in any way :) ).

Is ok to post the dealer site and use can have a look to see what use think ?

He is also taking 4K off by px'in my mrs 04 MX5 which is what we have been trying to get for it for the last month. ( going to share the 350Z with her as I work offshore and the mr2 was sitting about 6 months a year.) She wants one just as badly as me !

Thanks guys

Pretty sure it's a non Gt with upgraded non heated leather seats.)

I was looking at some with 60K+ miles for a couple of K cheaper but we only do 4-5K a year so when it comes to selling in roughly 3 years time, (Usually get board after 2-3 years) It will go for half decent money plus It will still have a lot of life left in her .(It's not an investment in any way :) ).

Is ok to post the dealer site and use can have a look to see what use think ?

He is also taking 4K off by px'in my mrs 04 MX5 which is what we have been trying to get for it for the last month. ( going to share the 350Z with her as I work offshore and the mr2 was sitting about 6 months a year.) She wants one just as badly as me !

Thanks guys

Post the link :thumbs:

Nope.

This was my point.

I don't recall non GT cars coming with leather fom the factory. Which means someone has swapped out the seats at some point, which would concern me.........do the 350z seats have airbags in the sides of them? I can't remember.........eg have the seats been replaced because of an accident?

May be I'm too suspicious.... :blush:

Not sure mate. I just replaced my seats because I got a good deal from a member. One way to tell is that the heated bit doesnt work in a non gt car.

Was it not possible to order a non-GT car and specify an option of heated leather seats (even though that might have been a very rare thing to do)?

Not sure mate. I just replaced my seats because I got a good deal from a member. One way to tell is that the heated bit doesnt work in a non gt car.

Was it not possible to order a non-GT car and specify an option of heated leather seats (even though that might have been a very rare thing to do)?

Well I know the car has 1 previous owner. (Last owner had it since 2007) and they look very original too me(Not a 350 expert in any way though). No mention of heated seats though. Just leather. Must have been an option to pick leather seats when buying new a 350z ? the car is completely standard too.

Cheers for the input guys.

Having to drive it from Swindon to Glasgow on Saturday.

Shall post a pic of interior as soon as he sends me the pics. 3 days after having my car I have to go offshore for 8 weeks! Gutted. :bang:

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/search/use ... 2Cbrandnew

I noticed a lot of leather interiors on these non Gt cars. Must be an option when buying new ?

cheers

I've only looked at the first five cars on that link but 3 out of the five are imports and the other two are UK GT cars hence why they have leather.

So your car is either an import with leather or is actually a UK GT.

We need pictures to confirm..................