370z intake

Jay

Hey guys and gals,

Was just wondering if people can share their knowledge of intakes for the 370z. I know you can get stillen but they are about £500 which is alot of dosh :blush: Hey, if its the best etc then I will think about it... but just wanted to know what else is out there and what peoples opinions are (very dangerous asking that on this forum :lol: )

Thanks in advance

Jay :thumbs:

One with a supercharger attached will be best ;):lol:

I think the nismo intakes were coming in at a decent price but not the same set up as the stillen which goes way down into the bumper.

Even with an UpRev it's not that hot.

Surely an intake should not be hot, thats the point :lol:

In all seriousness, I have the G3's purely because they were free with my exhaust at the time. What we did discover is that Stillen playing with the diameter tricks the engine into leaning out the mix nicely to give a good boost in power, similar to if you had UpRev. As such, when we UpRev'd mine we didnt see any real gains but I was having it done more to make sure what Stillen said was happening actually happens, and it appears it does. So if you fancy intakes, you can get the power hike you get from UpRev just by using the intakes. You dont however then have a custom map and most power like you'd get having Abbey et al tuning it.

OK...now I'm confused. So Stillen is not the best one to get? Which one would people recommend if I decided to go for one at some point?

I also read about cleaning the filters - how often does that need to be done...?

Stillen G3 are still the best intakes out there, my last post was sarky ;)

In all honesty I dont think they add much performance, its probably easier to have good panel filters and an UpRev. They are a nice bit of bling though, glad I've got mine. B)

• 4 weeks later...

his average standard whp was 258 and after fitting the intakes, his average afterwards was 275whp. Quite a few people on that forum have similar gains and cant fault the quality of the kit. Stillen said they have tested the intake on 50 different dyno runs to get the best gains from them. :thumbs:

his average standard whp was 258 and after fitting the intakes, his average afterwards was 275whp. Quite a few people on that forum have similar gains and cant fault the quality of the kit. Stillen said they have tested the intake on 50 different dyno runs to get the best gains from them. :thumbs:

It that on the 91RON cordial the Americans call unleaded though? Might be a best cast scenario.

Any other mods? Sounds about right if they havent already had a remap :thumbs:

As far as lm aware its the 91ron and that is the only mod on the car as far as l can read and same goes to other owners with similar gains. Could be a worthwhile purchase plus impressive dyno figures for just an intake on a n/a engine

• 1 month later...

I think a new intake might well be my first mod, either that or a different exhaust as it's the only thing which has disappointed me with the 370, lack of any kind of noise.

Don't fancy having to take the bumper off though, so what intake replacement would you advise Tarmac which doesn't require so much work to replace?

I presume the OEM intakes can be removed without removing the bumper?

I think a new intake might well be my first mod, either that or a different exhaust as it's the only thing which has disappointed me with the 370, lack of any kind of noise.

Don't fancy having to take the bumper off though, so what intake replacement would you advise Tarmac which doesn't require so much work to replace?

I presume the OEM intakes can be removed without removing the bumper?

If your happy with just noise improvement then get short ram intakes but they dont give you any bhp gains. However most of the boys across the pond really rate the stillen long arm intakes as it gives an improvement on bhp and a nice noise however you will have to remove the front bumper.

The first mod I did was exhaust as the 370z is waaaay too quiet... mine has a great noise from it, just ask neil. I think tarmac has a fast intentions zorst up for sale.. heard loads of good things about them, again from the guys in the states.