Swift Sport Springs Spec-R

ScottyZ

I've been trawling through the reviews of lowering springs on The 370Z.com forum and it looks like the vast majority say that the Swift lowering springs are the best spring for the 370. Trouble is I can't find a distributor/seller in the UK/Europe and just know the shipping costs from the states will be high. Has anyone else been looking at these springs? Think I might get Tarmac on the case.

Cheers,

Scotty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Swift springs finally arrived last week. I hope it's a case of reassuringly expensive! Not long to wait to find out as CS will be fitting them this Saturday. I'm going to wait 3-4 weeks for them to settle then I'll get a wheel alignment done and try to minimise the excessive negative camber. Many thanks to Tarmac as importing these springs from America myself was just not financially viable.

IMG_1819.jpg

Swift Springs now fitted by Andy at CS - excellent service as usual. Here's some photo's including one of the OEM springs - quite a difference! The problem I've got now is that I could really do with some spacers - i'm thinking Eibach 20mm front and 25mm rear. Has anyone with Eibach 20mm spacers on the front had to change the wheel studs to accomodate the wheel or is it a case of bolt on using existing studs? Also I can't get the wheel alignment done until I've decided on the spacers so will do a proper review once everything is sorted. A big thank-you to Tarmac for sorting these springs - Top Man!

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

• Like 1

Really nice squat on that now. From the pictures, 20mm all round may do you as far as the spacers are concerned

:thumbs:

I've bought a set of 25mm Eibach spacers for the front which I'll hopefully fit at the weekend and will see if they rub on the wheel arch liner. If they do rub I'll put the 25mm on the rear and buy a set of 20mm for the front. :)

• 1 year later...

Scotty, how did you manage 20mm spacers on? I thought the rays wheels don't have enough recess to let the stock studs sit in? So I thought people all have to get 25mm?

Please let me know how it worked for you since I don't like overhanging wheels so think 20mm would be ideal if they will fit.

Thanks

With my springs 25mm front spacers and 20mm rear spacers takes me flush with the bodywork with no overhang or poke. I had 25mm on the rear but gave me too much poke and looked a bit too much boy racer so changed the rears to 20mm. My advice would be buy one set of 25mm and try on the rear to see how they fit as you are going to have to have 25mm on the front anyway.

• Like 1

Cool. I don't like overhang at all so may try the 20mm first.

Guys in America are running 15mm on the front. How are they managing that??

I think 15 front and 20mm back would be ideal to make it flush. Think 25 front will be a lot since the rear looks more recessed as stock than the front

Cool. I don't like overhang at all so may try the 20mm first.

Guys in America are running 15mm on the front. How are they managing that??

I think 15 front and 20mm back would be ideal to make it flush. Think 25 front will be a lot since the rear looks more recessed as stock than the front

Longer studs bud.

Ah crap! I don't want to go down that route!

I've got eibach 25mm all round from CS and I think they look great, 5mm isn't a lot tbh

Yeah that's what i had initially but 25mm on the back gave me too much poke (overhang). I lived with it for 6 months but it bugged me so much I changed to 20mm on the rear. I think it's worth pointing out that i'm on Swift Sport Srings Spec-R so having these may give a different result in terms of poke than if you are Eibachs or if you are not lowered at all. I will post some photo's up when I get some time.