Alloy wheel refurb recommendation?

Will370z

Had a look at the wheel this morning and unfortunately its not a perfect colour match.

Nissan will pay for it to be redone so has anyone got any recommendations for refurbers in the south who have had experience matching the 370 wheel.

Im guessingi may have to have all 4 done to get the perfect match.

Yeh mate, I am in two minds at the mo. I put laura on the insurance the other day and she drove it quite the thing... so I like that she is able to do so but also feel comfortable behind the wheel. I am getting a Navara for my work so really the 370z is my weekend car so do I get an older 911, get rid all together or just keep her. All these things running through my mind :lol:

Had a look at the wheel this morning and unfortunately its not a perfect colour match.

Nissan will pay for it to be redone so has anyone got any recommendations for refurbers in the south who have had experience matching the 370 wheel.

Im guessingi may have to have all 4 done to get the perfect match.

All 4 is the best way Will, that way you know they will all match :thumbs:

I hope you get it sorted soon, and at least you don't have to pay for it :band:

Will, have I missed something but what the frig-a-doodle is happening with the Zed mate??? Knackered wheels, ****ed up roof, bonnet realignment, etc :shrug: What's going on fella?? Might want to PM me. My roof still isn't right; photos taken of the missing clip and sent to HQ, no word back yet as to the next step :boxing: .

Lepsons are good, but you'll have to get all 4 done and they wont be the same colour as OEM. OEM is a multistep paint, I dont think most dealers realise this. Only Nissan know how to paint it to get the exact match - and by that I mean Nissan JP, not UK. If you are happy with getting all 4 done, Lepsons will do a great job. Them or Spit and Polish, both very good.

Can they not order you a whole new wheel from NMJP? :stir:

Lepsons are good, but you'll have to get all 4 done and they wont be the same colour as OEM. OEM is a multistep paint, I dont think most dealers realise this. Only Nissan know how to paint it to get the exact match - and by that I mean Nissan JP, not UK. If you are happy with getting all 4 done, Lepsons will do a great job. Them or Spit and Polish, both very good.

Can they not order you a whole new wheel from NMJP? :stir:

If it were me I think I would get a simple powder coat done... yes the oem finish is B) but this isn't the 1st thread on how difficult it is to colour match, and I suspect how expensive :scare: Not that this is an issue to Will of course :thumbs:

After all the messing about and the fact they actually SOLD the original wheel I would be asking for a full refurb of all 4 wheels and maybe a caliper refurb in a nice colour to make up for it ;)

Hence why I said they (dealer) should get him a brand spanking new one to match.

I wasnt suggesting the Lepsons would do multistep, they will just do the usual 2 stage of paint and clear coat, but they do it very very well. Cant remember if mine went to Lepsons are S&P, but when I did finally curb them, it had the thickest clearcoat I have ever seen on them and it was solid!

Might be worth having a closer look at this refurb as they look good in the pics and might be able to do a good match for yours in silver ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=62422&hilit=wheel

Yes but then only matched after doing all 4.... :shrug:

Its the only way IMHO - as Nissan won't release the wheel paint codes its down to the individual wheel refurbers doing their best - some of which, as we are seeing are less than satisfactory. So I would bite the bullet and go for all 4 (or insist the dealer pays for all 4) but make sure the final finish is as close to OEM spec as possible. A pot of touch paint will then help deal with any subsequent stone chips/minor clips :shrug:

Might be worth having a closer look at this refurb as they look good in the pics and might be able to do a good match for yours in silver ;)

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=62422&hilit=wheel

Yes but then only matched after doing all 4.... :shrug:

Its the only way IMHO - as Nissan won't release the wheel paint codes its down to the individual wheel refurbers doing their best - some of which, as we are seeing are less than satisfactory. So I would bite the bullet and go for all 4 (or insist the dealer pays for all 4) but make sure the final finish is as close to OEM spec as possible. A pot of touch paint will then help deal with any subsequent stone chips/minor clips :shrug:

+1 and I am sure Lepsons or an equally good outfit will do an excellent job :thumbs:

I'll let you guys check the wheel out saturday and see what you think.

Its unfortunate if i have to get the other 3 done as they are perfect. May go back to Nissan and ask for a new wheel but getting all 4 refurbed would be cheaper for them.

Will, have I missed something but what the frig-a-doodle is happening with the Zed mate??? Knackered wheels, **** up roof, bonnet realignment, etc :shrug: What's going on fella?? Might want to PM me. My roof still isn't right; photos taken of the missing clip and sent to HQ, no word back yet as to the next step :boxing: .

Don't ask mate :)

Its nothing major i just wanted a few small jobs done that shouldnt have taken very long. Unfortunately the garages Nissan subcontracts to got scared off and delayed them. All i wanted was the following

1) The seal around the door had a very very small rip in it. Knowing the problems i had with my last 350 leaking i wanted them to replace that bit of the seal.

Little did i know its all one piece to be ordered from japan and fitted. Bigger job that expected

2) I noticed that when you open the bonnet it was catching the corner of the bottom of the A pillar and was taking off the paint. This seems to be a design issue with the 370. its happening to one other 370 on the forum and its close to happening on 2 others ive seen. I therefore wanted a reaslignment of the bonnet and touch up the paint

This was the huge issue. There is absolutely no give in the bonnet. The hinges and brackets are all connected to the pedestrian safety system. This sent the first garage running for the hills. After reording new clips and tweeking the bonnet, and sorting the paint job done

3) I wanted 1 wheel refurbed as it was corroding. This issue ended up as a farce.

- i) They refurbed it, it came back, they put it on the car and accidentally scratched it. Back to the refurbers it went

- ii) Came back again. looked perfect, put it on the car - wrong colour

- iii) They drove 100 odd miles to pick up another 370z and swapped the wheel over with that one. Nice try but that wheel was actually worse than the original one

- iii) I would keep the temporary wheel from the other car and they would refurb my original wheel for the 3rd time. meanwhile they put it on the other 370

- iv) I phoned to ask if the wheel was ready, at which the phone went quiet and they then said "oh god we've sold it....I'm so sorry".

- v) 2 months later they send the current wheel off for a refurb - its the wrong colour.

4) The roof. This really isnt an issue. Once in a blue moon when its cold the rear of the roof doesnt lift high enough. Therefore when the metal back cover lifts up it hits the roof mechanics. I wanted them to investigate.

That about sums it up - nothing major but just became a huge frustration.

I think you're being too nice, it's their fault you've been without the car for a month, it's their fault they sold your wheel, (not the first time either) if it were me I'd suggest they send a brand new wheel to the address of your choice so that you don't have to go all the way up there again and when you've got the new wheel ask them to arrange collection of the old one or keep it as a spare. You have the problem, they have effectively given up and taken the easy way out, this is still going to cost you time and inconvenience. They should be "owning" this problem totally, as it is they've tried, given up and left the customer to his own devices which quite frankly isn't good enough. :rant:

Maybe ask Ricey to write them a "nice" letter. :shrug: You could do worse :):thumbs: Hope you get it sorted soon mate :)

I'll let you guys check the wheel out saturday and see what you think.

Its unfortunate if i have to get the other 3 done as they are perfect. May go back to Nissan and ask for a new wheel but getting all 4 refurbed would be cheaper for them.