window tinting

Jo3ly

booked the 350 in for some window tints this thursday as black on black seems to be my theme at the moment...

any thoughts on tints on a black 350z? Reccomendations on which shade will look the best? I want it noticeable but not silly dark which will cause me to get pulled by the rozzers and made to peel it off as i pull out the tinting shop...

:thumbs:

If you look in my album mate or my posts you will see pics of mine, I have limo black on back and both rears and a very light/medium on front, because the back are black, the front appear darker but are very much legal :thumbs:

on the back window and the two tiny side windows you can have anything you like. limo tint would be best on a black car. then on the pass and drivers window you can only have 30% ie it has to let 70% of light through.

however on my ST i had more like 50% and never got stopped in the 18months i owned her.

tints on a black car is very cool!! :thumbs:

The side windows (by law) can't be tinted any further, because they're at their maximum.

I wanted a light tint on mine but none of the people I called would do them - happy to do quarter light and rear

yeah no tint at all is allowed on the front windows.

The company im going to will still tint them, however they ask you to sign a waiver to say you are aware its not road legal. I was thinking about keeping the same shade all round, maybe just a light or medium...

Now this is one mod I just don't 'get'. I think that travelling in a vehicle with tinted windows is depressing. I got taken to the NEC recently in the back of a hire car with tinted back windows and it was the dullest journey I'd ever been on as I could barely see out :thumbdown:

Now this is one mod I just don't 'get'. I think that travelling in a vehicle with tinted windows is depressing. I got taken to the NEC recently in the back of a hire car with tinted back windows and it was the dullest journey I'd ever been on as I could barely see out :thumbdown:

Come out in mine (on track) when she is back on the road - won't be dull ;)

I'm thinking of having a Limo tint on the front as well - scares me how fast I see the corners approaching!!!!

:lol::lol::drive1:evil::teeth:

these are a light tint on the front and medium on the rears. To be honest you really cant notice any difference when inside. its only when the sun goes down and from the right angle they look dark.

It was £220 for a full set on the 350 but after a bit of negotiation and a group booking, i paid £140 all in for mine :thumbs:

I'm loving those tints - looks fantastic. Really does look stunning on a black car.

Out of interest, what would happen if the law caught you? Would you just be told to remove it or do you get a penalty?

I'd love to get mine done but I'm risking getting unwanted attention as it is with a noisy exhaust.

S.

its not just a law thing....................it affects your insurance which is why I didn't pursue it with mine.

if you have a accident ie pull out from a junction and have a bike t-bone you, then you will be held at fault (rightly) and the insurance won't pay as the tints will be deemed a factor

I'm loving those tints - looks fantastic. Really does look stunning on a black car.

Out of interest, what would happen if the law caught you? Would you just be told to remove it or do you get a penalty?

I'd love to get mine done but I'm risking getting unwanted attention as it is with a noisy exhaust.

S.

ive never heard of any penalty for tints before in my years as a hardcore street racer :D ...ive heard you may be asked to peel off the tint there and then but again ive never known of anyone made to do this. Im not aware of anyone getting collarred for tints at all to be honest, the police tend to target the limo tinted saxo's and corsa's at car meets as opposed to our sort of car i would imagine.

My 'light' tints dont restrict any visibility at all in my opinion, you can only really tell from the outside they have any tint on them :thumbs:

its not just a law thing....................it affects your insurance which is why I didn't pursue it with mine.

if you have a accident ie pull out from a junction and have a bike t-bone you, then you will be held at fault (rightly) and the insurance won't pay as the tints will be deemed a factor

I remember an older member getting stopped by the police & they tested the factory tint on the front windows of a Z & it was darker than the legal limit.

I've had tints on cars before & never had any issues with the police :)

I remember an older member getting stopped by the police & they tested the factory tint on the front windows of a Z & it was darker than the legal limit.

I've had tints on cars before & never had any issues with the police :)

yeah ive heard of this before too...BMW have been knocking out factory tint that is "illiegal" on most of their range for years. My 350 is 3 years old so will be pulling the factory card if i get stopped.

I got pulled up in Liverpool 2 years ago in my golf..

£30 pound fine and horrible sticky windows.

However had them on again when I bought an ST last year and never had any problems.

Im contemplating weather to have the Zed tinted but its a twilight grey and not sure what shade to go for??

If anyones got a pic please could ya stick it up so I can have a nose :D

Personally, I think all window tints look poor/tacky and not worth the hassle of worrying about fines/peeling them off.

And as rightly said, your vision is reduced, you may not think it, but it is. Just make sure you watch out for motorcycles.