Hows this for a quote...

Hannahbtw

......fully comp, including hire car and all the usual "stuff" (protected no claims, etc) £391.60 :#1:

Bearing in mind I'm 33, a girl, have worked as a professional driver for over 11 years...have 8 years no claims....don't know how "safe" my postcode is (I know these things matter to insurers) and the car is kept on a gated driveway during the time I'm not working, and whilst I'm at work its in the CCTV monitored work-car-park :D

Very chuffed with that quote, as my previous insurers wanted nearly double that! :scare:

Anyone else had a pleasant surprise when they've come to insure their Zed?

Hannah x

Thats good !

What sort of professional driver may I ask?

I'm a coach driver (for my sins!) Work driving up and down the country for National Express :drive1

Hannah x

My uncle does the london scotland run also for national express...

You're braver than I, fook driving a coach with all those peoples lifes at your hands :lol:

Theres an abundance of female truck drivers appearing up here also...

On a brighter note at least you wont have issues parking the zed like other female owners on here :lol::p

Wonder if I know your uncle...as the Scotland runs generally stop at MK Coachway on their way down to Victoria!

Ahhh, yes, the little Zed is no problems after parallel parking all 39 foot of big, wide coach! lmao!

Although, having said that...the Zed does have those annoying parking sensor thingys....wonder if there is a way to switch those off....I prefer to rely on sheer skill alone :lol:

Hannah x

Wonder if I know your uncle...as the Scotland runs generally stop at MK Coachway on their way down to Victoria!

Ahhh, yes, the little Zed is no problems after parallel parking all 39 foot of big, wide coach! lmao!

Although, having said that...the Zed does have those annoying parking sensor thingys....wonder if there is a way to switch those off....I prefer to rely on sheer skill alone :lol:

Hannah x

lol add a nismo spoiler and then try and use skill lol, vision is impared a ridiculous amount, I have a van which has no rear view also but I still find myself hanging out the door while reversing to watch the rear end catch the kerbs due to be so low.

His names John, he has been doing it for a while now. If you know a scottish guy called john its probably him. He's late 50's

Could be the John that never wears his name badge...lol! He's Scottish..does the 590/591 up to Edinburgh.

Regarding reversing....its all about spacial awareness dude....and it's commonly known that women are far better with that ;):lol:

Hannah x

Could be the John that never wears his name badge...lol! He's Scottish..does the 590/591 up to Edinburgh.

Regarding reversing....its all about spacial awareness dude....and it's commonly known that women are far better with that ;):lol:

Hannah x

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm gonna ask him about his badge, it'll be funny if it is him. Sounds like it could be him.

His second names brunton

Lol I can park my van fine as it has a big plastic parking sensor on the rear :lol:

£700 for a 23 year old guy sounds very good!! Wish I'd have had a quote like that when I was 23...I had trouble getting lower than £1000 for a Vauxhall Cavalier back then (ohhh to be 23 again...aside from high insurance quotes of course! lol!)

Hannah x

That's an excellent quote Hannah. :thumbs:

I was pleased with £800 for a modified 350z, and then £700 for my VXR8. Not so pleased with the £1800 for the VXR8 after the accident :scare:

It'll be 3 years before I can even get a quote of £350 for a 1.0l Micra never mind a Zed!

Heck that is a great insurance quote. I guess my insurance is high because of the postcode. In fact I need to tell them the NOS has gone!

Knowing the stupid systems that insurance companies use, they'll probably charge you an extra premium for removing it as another mod :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Renewed my car insurance last week after a renewel quote of £900 from elephant I rung around and managed to get it for £573 full comp 5 years protected no claims and this its 3 weeks before my 22nd birthday I was gobsmacked at that price I would have never thought I would have it that low at my age any day.