Walk away?

haylabamba

Hi all

Thinking of moving to a 370Z from my beloved 350Z. Not a car buff, just love driving. This 370Z has been on Piston Heads for a bit and is describted as minor Cat D but the price is obviously great.

Question: If you intended to hang on to it so weren't too bothered about re-sale, would you give it a shot? Any other downsides you can think of?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3838471.htm

thoughts appreciated.

would not go near it, unless proof of damage and step by step repair photo's and still then prob not go near it..

Proof of damage would be the photo in the advert?

I don't know much about 370z prices but if the price is good and the repair has been done properly, I wouldn't be scared off by it.

It will depreciate at the same rate as a straight one, maybe a little more as more cat c and d ones become available but will still be worth decent money in the future.

The damage didn't look too bad, as long as the car in the photo damaged is the car your buying?

I guess if you were synical you could say it could be a random photo of a lightly damaged car!

Go and see it and see if it's not too far away

Walk away, tempting now to save a few quid but you'll be faced with the same stuff when you want to sell, you really answered your own question when you sad it has been on PH for a while now :surrender:

If you're tempted have it inspected. I paid about £110 when I bought a CAT-C S2000. It was perfect and I saved a quite a few grand.

When I came to sell it, admittedly I got lucky as a guy from Holland bought it. I told him all about UK Cat write-offs but he didn't care.

Cat-D is nothing! 95% of owners would have fixed that up themselves and not claimed. As I say, get it inspected. My S2000 came back with a glowing report.

The S2000 was NOT £16k though......

How about this one:

I only say because it's mine!

Unlike the blue one it hasn't been CAT D or been in any accident in fact.

My price reflects the mileage (31,000) and the fact that I'd rather sell sooner rather than later.

Sorry for the unashamed plug. I know I'm not a regular forum contributor but I've been a forum reader for 18 months.

all the best,

Simon