Best snow foam lance/pressure washer?

twobears

My pressure washer packed up as I was cleaning the Zed today so I am on the lookout for a new one. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for something mid-priced? I have had two break on me so I am obviously not good at choosing them myself :blush:

I would also like to try snow foam but, again, there seems to be a choice of lances so any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks!

Thanks SMD. I will do that :)

Stew, yes, the old one lasted ages before it broke and this one has worked fine up until today. It wasn't an expensive one so I figure that you probably get what you pay for, as with most things? No idea what's wrong with it but it won't switch on. I tried a jigsaw in the extension cable and that worked fine so it's anyone's guess as to what the problem might be. As far a price goes, I was thinking maybe £100 to £150 but if someone recommended one that was cheaper or slightly more expensive that would be fine. I like SMD's way of thinking too since I honestly don't know how cheap the cheapest one is or how dear the most expensive :lol:

What do you class as mid price?

i would say roughly half way between the cheapest and the most expensive :thumbs:

I would say this also...... However Is this taking into consideration Kranzles and heated machines or simply what they stock in B&Q.

A 'mid price' car is probably £750k. That's near enough halfway between 7k for a VW Up or similar and a £1.5 mil Zonda 760R. ;)

Thanks SMD. I will do that :)

Stew, yes, the old one lasted ages before it broke and this one has worked fine up until today. It wasn't an expensive one so I figure that you probably get what you pay for, as with most things? No idea what's wrong with it but it won't switch on. I tried a jigsaw in the extension cable and that worked fine so it's anyone's guess as to what the problem might be. As far a price goes, I was thinking maybe £100 to £150 but if someone recommended one that was cheaper or slightly more expensive that would be fine. I like SMD's way of thinking too since I honestly don't know how cheap the cheapest one is or how dear the most expensive :lol:

Take a look to see what sort of Nilfisk machine you can get for your budget. I love my Nilfisk machine and it was pretty reasonable (reduced from £400 to £200 or something I think) but I'd happily pay full price for it as it's worth it.

Places like Screwfix often have deals on and you can get decent machines for half price etc.

Thank you both. I've never even heard of Nilfisk but if they do a good job ... I quite enjoy a trip to Screwfix for some reason so I will see if the other half fancies a drive tomorrow (providing they are open) as it's miles away due to a big river being in the way and no bridge for miles :dry:

Thank you both. I've never even heard of Nilfisk but if they do a good job ... I quite enjoy a trip to Screwfix for some reason so I will see if the other half fancies a drive tomorrow (providing they are open) as it's miles away due to a big river being in the way and no bridge for miles :dry:

Toolstation is where the cools kids are at :p

that amazon one looks good. think the ebay one is the next model up not sure. but the one thing i found with snow foam is the more pressure it supplies the better the foam.

the 2 links below show the c120 and a suitable snow foam lance that matches it.

Just to mention (late to the thread again as working all weekend...) that I can supply the lances but I also have a deal on eBay for a foam lance and 10L of snow foam for £65.

My eBay username is envy-valeting or if you search for snow foam lance and 10L ssf you'll find it ;)

I had a Nilfisk machine a few years back and it lasted me so much longer than my previous Karchers, but now I have 2 Kranzles!

Best wishes

Tim

I bought that one about 3 months ago, used it 3 times before the HP ban and it's very good. Had a Karcher previously and it does seem to be put together a bit better than the Karcher :)

Wow, that looks like a bargain. I think my decision on the pressure washer is made then. Thanks everyone :teeth:

That's the one I've got (minus the patio cleaner gubbins... and I paid more for it. :dry: ). Has currently outlasted two cars in the household and never let me down.

Just to note, the "foam applicator" that comes with it is useless, you're much better off getting a dedicated foam lance as well, it's the Kew/Alto fitting you'll need for a Nilfisk.