The 'Hoover Coupe' £45 challenge...

AMT

Ok not as exciting as it sounds... infact the title sucks too but still.... I put £45 of fuel in and reset the milometer and decided to see how much I'd get out it (this being a mix of driving, tried to drive granny slow at the start but it was too hard to concentrate so just drove normally... cruising, motorways, overtaking on 60's, the usual, no exaggerating and trying to make the miles work lol).

Now, I will admit there was a tiny amount still in the tank, but not too much.

so...

£45's worth...

32 Litres...

Miles to go reads 265 miles when I put the fuel in...

Ran it til' today when I needed to put more in and the actual miles got out the tank... 250.

So roughly I work out approx 35mpg... not bad. Still terrible, but...not bad. :snack: .. Zed shouldn't be that much of a shock when it comes lol...

Ok not as exciting as it sounds... infact the title sucks too but still.... I put £45 of fuel in and reset the milometer and decided to see how much I'd get out it (this being a mix of driving, tried to drive granny slow at the start but it was too hard to concentrate so just drove normally... cruising, motorways, overtaking on 60's, the usual, no exaggerating and trying to make the miles work lol).

Now, I will admit there was a tiny amount still in the tank, but not too much.

so...

£45's worth...

32 Litres...

Miles to go reads 265 miles when I put the fuel in...

Ran it til' today when I needed to put more in and the actual miles got out the tank... 250.

So roughly I work out approx 35mpg... not bad. Still terrible, but...not bad. :snack: .. Zed shouldn't be that much of a shock when it comes lol...

WOW slow and thirsty :p

From what I can remember from our Coupe the fuel economy is roughly the same as I get in the Zed, maybe very very slightly more.... so yes slower and just as thirsty. Ours was the 2l and what a gutless thing it was, absolutely no torque whatsoever and sounded like a bag of nails being dragged up the road.... :thumbdown:

I normally get about 270-275 miles to a tank thats ran down to about 10 Miles to empty. i have a work van for my commute these days though so i dont feel bad about it :teeth:

Allthough on a drive from south cumbria - birmingham - few miles around birmingham - silverstonne - back to birmingham (playing with a few GT1 fans on the way back) then back to cumbria i averaged 32mpg. a record for me in the Z. i maybe could have made it on one tank but i bottled it before i got back.

That's when i discovered that audiobook + long motorway drive = very low fuel consumption

He knows it's just banter. :thumbs:

But the coupe could have been something great. More than just a pretty car. My auntie had a 2.7 v6 one and it was so slow. If they put a fizzy engine in there it could have a hoot.

Yeah I think he takes it all in good spirit :lol: I bought my other half a black 55 plate and she loved it as she had always wanted a black coupe and she went from a 1.0 Punto into it so it obviously felt nice.... I hated it and avoided driving it whenever I could, as soon as I found the Zed I wanted it was chopped in pronto :yahoo:

I agree it could have been a great car, it had the looks but it didn't have the engine to match it :surrender:

Nissan 350Z 52 Plate, approx 100 miles per week.

Date..............Petrol......................Cost.......Litres...Price/Litre....Gallons.....Price/Gallon...Milage...Miles/Gallon

29/02/2012.....Tesco Momentum99.....£50.01.....35.49........£1.409.......9.38........£5.33.........200..........21

15/03/2012.....Tesco Momentum99.....£25.01.....17.50........£1.429.......4.62........£5.41..........96...........21

21/03/2012.....Tesco Momentum99.....£50.02.....35.00........£1.429.......9.25........£5.41.........202..........22

03/04/2012.....Tesco Momentum99.....£50.01.....34.75........£1.439.......9.18........£5.45.........187..........20

16/04/2012.....Tesco Momentum99.....£25.02.....17.15........£1.459.......4.53........£5.52...........91.........20

Yep your spot on with the example. I went from a diesel corsa to the coupe... (only had the corsa 6 months... i don't p**s about with crap cars lol) so obviously it was a momentus occasion. Yes not that powerful at all and it could have been better. But remember... when you're younger trying to insure a 2 litre sporty efforts is hard :blink: . And I REFUSED to buy a hatchback. I wanted something that looked special enough. And it does the job, shine it up (especially mine with the tints and 3.5 facelift) and it looks a heap better than most boxes travelling about the road, it stills get looks believe it or not (i keep mine looking good B) ).

BUT... IF they lowered it a bit, made the gap between the arch and bonnet lower, giving it a better sleeker front, put 18inches as standard and had gave it 190-200bhp... i prob wouldn't be so eager to get rid of it. The car can handle more, way more, but with its weedy power as standard it just feels... sluggish at certain revs. :dry:

It will do 140mph though B) .... which is not bad (and before anyone opens... yes, trust me it can lol Actually gets to 120 fairly easily before it 'feels' as if its lagging). I know this as I've been *cough*5 mph short of it*cough* and not tested by just looking at a speeedooo. lol

With a full tank I can do 420 miles at 80mph with cruise control on. On refil I managed about 72 litres. Not bad. Doing 60 it will do 36mpg but is really boring lol. My old pulsar got to 31 mpg one time by staying behind lorries. Made a big difference but again very boring.

Just realised it was a 45 challenge so what I said was a bit irrelevant. oops :bang:

Nah i'm interested nonetheless! If I get anywhere near 400 miles on a Zed ill be everyone on here a pint.... I've never been near it with the coupe never mind considering it with a 350! lol Think the most my "miles to go " has ever read roughly... 340? :lol:

My mate has an Evo 9 with about 340bhp. What ever we do he always uses atleats twice the amount of fuel :bangin: I can't work out that if you cruise 80ish and its on boost it goes through massive amounts of fuel. How????

My mate has an Evo 9 with about 340bhp. What ever we do he always uses atleats twice the amount of fuel :bangin: I can't work out that if you cruise 80ish and its on boost it goes through massive amounts of fuel. How????

:lol: my mates evo7 is the same. They have tiny fuel tanks though, only something like 40L