Shedding Experience

EH 370z

Hi all

As some of you will know, there are a lot of changes afoot for me, notably a move to Canada in hopefully the not too distant future. As part of these plans I quit my job last week and as such the company car went. This led me in to a bit of a dilemma which involved me having to buy a car, for the first time in some years. It had to be functional and sellable (quickly) and above all cheap!!

So after much research I picked this up from Scotland on Saturday, I have been cleaning it ever since :wacko:

I interred .........the "SHED ZONE" :lol:

Mercedes Benz 190e

Finished in White

106k T&T'd until September

Everything works on it too! It evan has all the tools & safety equipment & the first aid kit & loads of history

£500 - Bargin!!

Snow foam first, to see what's what!

4d6e3372.jpg

d8ff1c51.jpg

91422709.jpg

In not too bad nick, a few scabs here and there, but the paint finish was "matt" to say the least.

So a full day with Autoglym's paint restorer & the two coats of Autoglym polish resin stuff!

4633e60a.jpg

Day two:

The interior was minging. There where some very suspect stains in there too. I was reminded of the Top Gear episode when they did a CSI on some old cars they bought :scare:

a7a4c0e6.jpg

Took all the seats out, and hoovered first. Then used a household stain remover, then a Turtle Wax carpet

shampoo, finally re hoovered. Quite pleased with the results TBH.

ce481fc0.jpg

92471eba.jpg

27ea1b83.jpg

Tackled the boot yesterday. Some dampness in there to be sorted, as the spare wheel (with a brand new tyre on!) was very rusty as was the tool kit. So cleaned it all out and refurbished the wheel (a bit not OTT) and the tools. Not a nice job but pleased its now done :yawn:

dad39950.jpg

a04afcd4.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, only had the iphone on me :surrender:

Nice, getting a different car is alway fun - especially older ones which represent a bit more of a challenge :lol:

Fancy making a few mods? B)

MB_190E_2_5_Evolution_2_3.jpg

I would love to, but time & money are the key factors here. I need the liquidate as much as possible before the big move.

But your right enough, I am still having some fun with it!!

Saw a left Hand drive Cosworth on EBay for £24k yesterday!!

Talk about before and after. Amazing what a good detail can do. It's like a whole different car. B)

You'll be able to sell that for £1k when you're done! :thumbs:

With you on that one, definitely worth more than 500 clams now!