Unfortunately this won't polish out......

nixy

Some of you have seen this already via other means - Friday 13th got me, or rather something flying off a lorry on the other side of the road. Whacked my bonnet then hit the windscreen which was only slightly chipped. Scared me to death it was such a loud bang. It's worse than the photo shows really. Nice big dent too. Lee reckons probably a bolt.

scratch.jpg

The halo from the dent looks bigger than a 50p to me :surrender:

Dent guy should be able to sort that part and a local ChipsAway chap should be able to fix up the paint. Down here you'd be looking at about £150-200 all in I would say (~£125 for paint and ~£50 for dent).

Hope you get it sorted soon Nic, shouldnt be hard to fix, just cost a bit :console:

The halo from the dent looks bigger than a 50p to me :surrender:

Dent guy should be able to sort that part and a local ChipsAway chap should be able to fix up the paint. Down here you'd be looking at about £150-200 all in I would say (~£125 for paint and ~£50 for dent).

Hope you get it sorted soon Nic, shouldnt be hard to fix, just cost a bit :console:

Or wait and come to Wales and get the dent done for a £10 :thumbs:

I was driving along the a40 and what appeared to be a piece of cardboard flew off the top.. I watched the flight of the cardboard and only at the last second did I realise it was a piece of wood. Luckily it dropped just before it hit it and bounced out the way.

I now keep well out of lorrys way!

Judging by the response to this Dave.viewtopic.php?f=57&t=60606&start=0&hilit=wales I'll probably not contact him.

But if you do come to Wales Nixy, you can swop it with my old one. It's just stuck in the outbuilding.

I'm sure a couple of the boys will do it for you and then buy you a G&T for you letting them.

Judging by the response to this Dave.viewtopic.php?f=57&t=60606&start=0&hilit=wales I'll probably not contact him.

But if you do come to Wales Nixy, you can swop it with my old one. It's just stuck in the outbuilding.

I'm sure a couple of the boys will do it for you and then buy you a G&T for you letting them.

Chris, from what I recall there was not much response last year but when he was there he was in demand...

It's all the garage queens who never go anywhere so never get and dings :p

My 350 :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: you got me.

The 370 goes out in all weather and I have 2 years and 9 months to go and it does not matter if I total it. :blush:

It's still very quiet though :p;)

The 370 goes out in all weather and I have 2 years and 9 months to go and it does not matter if I total it. :blush:

It's still very quiet though :p;)

Very quiet ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this - amazingly kind of you and the reason this forum is such a great community. Unfortunately though I won't be attending Wales this year but thanks again for the kind offer.

• 1 month later...

If you can get a PDR guy to remove the dent - that scratch should touch in with with touch up, build it up, give it a day to dry, wet and dry, a quick machine polish and Bob's....

I've sorted bigger ones than that with this method - don't even know where they are now!

:)