2tone lambo green/black nismo v2

ddcboyle

so im thinking of wrapping my car in lambo green/focus rs green with black roof, pillars and boot. with the nismo v2 bodykit.

2 things. what do you think about the colour scheme? and have any of you wrapped your 350z before?

Been looking up videos all weekend, doesnt seem too hard just looks a pain in the ass if your new to it.

its 1/3 of the price doing yourself and a bit of satisfaction that youve customised it yourself :) i got black piece coming this week so ill give the roof a bash and see how i do since thats the easiest bit.

various opinions on preperation though, is it:

wash, then alcohol spray, let it fully dry, then spray bit of water and apply vinyl? alot of people are saying you should/shouldnt spray with water.

ive had my cf wrap for about a year in my cupboard :lol: done the front lip was hard but the curve was what i found hard the roof should be fine as flatter but not built up the courage yet!!

+1 on the water i read you use the water underneath to slide the vinyl around and get it perfect??

two tone sounds good id say go for it though some panels maybe tricky than others though so try do easy flatter bits first,roof/bonnet etc

old forum member on here done whole car then peeled it all off :lol: good for info and ideas etc

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34335

ill keep the water in mind, it did look a bit dodgy on videos where guys were struggling to pull off. gonna start with roof, boot and pillars as they 'seem' the easiest. so hopefully that will spur me on to do the ninja rear bumper.

is it a massive deal if you dont do it in a garage? i have nothing that i could use, so i was thinking if i just wiped before i lay it down, should be okay as no dust is gna get on?

have a look on youtube lots of guides on there and you will need a good heat gun..outside is fine but pick a non windy day and a credit card or similar would be needed to smooth.. on fleabay you can get a vinylkit for like £8 has a felt squegee in it so worth getting that if your doing whole car rather than using credit card or similar

were are you based?

To be honest I think you will find it pretty difficult. It was hard enough just to do the roof and that is straightforward as it doesn't have any moving parts (boot lid for example).

if you're keen still then just try the roof and see how you get on. you will have to do this indoors 100% so there is no wind/rain/dust, and you will need a friend to help.

let us know how you get on and maybe some pics... good or bad that is! :lol:

good luck!! :thumbs: and be patient with it.

your guide seems pretty good so ill follow that and start doing some pics . might set up camera at certain angle to take a photo each 15mins and show various parts.

hopefully not crack the pillar while im at it :p

regards the folding under the body, are you just cutting off excess, leaving a cm of vinyl and securing with squeegee and heatgun? and has it held in place well so far?

ive yet to touch the wrap so cant get my head around why it wouldnt start to peel when washed or high speeds

EDIT: does anyone know where you can rent a garage/storage room etc. im gonna try get hanger from work but doubt ill get it.

nope wouldn't peel, I didn't use a heat gun, just a hairdryer :lol:

I never used water either. the issue is making sure you don't get bubbles under the wrap.

I folded it - so for the sides I left quite a bit under the a pillar I think its called. and then just put them back over the top to give a clean finish. for the back of the roof you just have to cut it and fold it in the gap between the boot lid and the roof. the front, you can hide it under the rubber windscreen strip! :thumbs:

You know that after removing all the screws off the pillars they are only hooked in at the front so you can actually unhook it and then set it aside, makes wrapping a lot easier.

Took rtbiscuit and myself less than 2 hours to Hexis CF wrap my roof :)

yeah this is possible, but what did you do with the rubber window trim? I was worried about messing around with it too much so to avoid leaking.

You know that after removing all the screws off the pillars they are only hooked in at the front so you can actually unhook it and then set it aside, makes wrapping a lot easier.

yeah this is possible, but what did you do with the rubber window trim? I was worried about messing around with it too much so to avoid leaking.

Pulled it down and it was fine.

It actually repositions fine and if you are worried then you can use doubles used sticky tape to reattach. Pulled the window trim twice on mine and it hasn't leaked.

Pulled it down and it was fine.

It actually repositions fine and if you are worried then you can use doubles used sticky tape to reattach. Pulled the window trim twice on mine and it hasn't leaked.

I had to remove the window trim when I relined my roof and it went back fine too :thumbs:

well i ordered a small amount of cheap vinyl from ebay to play around with and only enough for few tries on the mirrors (the harsest part by look of it). gave it a go but hardest bits i found were rrying to join the vinyl up as it goes all the way round to join start with finish, and also the 3point curve was nails to try and shrink into place. messed that part up but ill upload pics. maybe someone has some tips.

i can see the main panels being alot easier because their flush and dont rejoin.

• 1 year later...