Berk CBE and Berk HFC

ioneabee

Hi folks

well after a tiny amount of persuasion from Will370z and after listening to his Stillen on Rosie - I went ahead with the Berks HFC group buy, but knew it would need that little extra. Now after doing all the usual searches on youtube, I'd more or less settled for the Berks CBE as well - contacted Tarmac who did a sterling job despite the best efforts of the courier company to completely c*ck it up.

Anyway photo's 1st

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

what a complete bugger it was to get the stock cats off

Berk HFC

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

now a little video

th_Berks.jpg

around 1:10 you can hear the hiss of the HFC's

Left Tail Pipe

IMAG0198.jpg

Right Tail Pipe

IMAG0199.jpg

Ok - suggestions on how to get the alignment -10mm difference

cheers all

That does sound very nice - I bet that puts one very big :D on your face on the road :thumbs:

the words OMG OMG spring to mind (and I'm not a teenager.......but OMG) :teeth::lol:

the only thing I can think of for the alignment is to get a flange plate made up and slot it between the x pipe and back box ?

thoughts anyone ? :bounce:

usually a bit of brute force and bending of hangers would sort it. the only other thing i can think of was it to do with how you bolted it together. Don;'t want to teach grandma to suck eggs, but did you bolt each section up tight 1 at a time or did you loose bolt it and then evenly tighten up all the bolts at the same time? sometimes if its bolted piece at a time it can pull in 1 direction.

if not like you say have a flange plate machined up and slot it between 1 of the joins.

usually a bit of brute force and bending of hangers would sort it. the only other thing i can think of was it to do with how you bolted it together. Don;'t want to teach grandma to suck eggs, but did you bolt each section up tight 1 at a time or did you loose bolt it and then evenly tighten up all the bolts at the same time? sometimes if its bolted piece at a time it can pull in 1 direction.

if not like you say have a flange plate machined up and slot it between 1 of the joins.

yep all loose fitted and gradually tightened - can't see how bending hangers would do it ??... 'cos neither side has anywhere to go other than further towards the back - it all fits perfectly, just one pipe appears.... to be longer than the other.

If i start bending, then that would affect the alignment coming out of the bumper (to the left or right) ? - at the moment, it sits perfectly level and central

yep all loose fitted and gradually tightened - can't see how bending hangers would do it ??... 'cos neither side has anywhere to go other than further towards the back - it all fits perfectly, just one pipe appears.... to be longer than the other.

If i start bending, then that would affect the alignment coming out of the bumper (to the left or right) ? - at the moment, it sits perfectly level and central

some exhausts are a little twisted, (usually cheaper ones etc) but if the alignment is all good then make up a flange spacer

Looking at your first picture and some cod measuring on my lappy screen.

The near side pipe looks like it sticks out further from the straight line of the back of the back box.

Might be worth measuring it,if it's different they should exchange the back box for you.

The near side pipe looks like it sticks out further from the straight line of the back of the back box.

Might be worth measuring it,if it's different they should exchange the back box for you.

Well spotted Chris (seccond picture) - that certainly does look like the potential problem :thumbs:

Chris - spot on :thumbs:

it measures 27mm on the right and 37mm on the left (back-box to back of tip)

cigar for that man :teeth:

He's your man. :thumbs:

He'll probably PM me now to give me a rollocking for giving him more work. :lol:

Lol, not gonna rollock you but I doubt I will be selling you an exhaust in the near future as its costing me a fricking fortune !!

I knocked £200 off this one as it was the first in the uk, it's given me nothing but a headache getting it here, made zero money anyway and looks like its going to be more money down the drain.

For anyone thinking of getting into this game all I will say is good luck and don't give up your day job :thumbs:

He's your man. :thumbs:

He'll probably PM me now to give me a rollocking for giving him more work. :lol:

Lol, not gonna rollock you but I doubt I will be selling you an exhaust in the near future as its costing me a fricking fortune !!

I knocked £200 off this one as it was the first in the uk, it's given me nothing but a headache getting it here, made zero money anyway and looks like its going to be more money down the drain.

For anyone thinking of getting into this game all I will say is good luck and don't give up your day job :thumbs:

:console: