New Zed Owner- What exhaust to go for?

Joeycuz

Hi all,

As the title says, I have just purchased a 57 plate 313 GT with twin K&N typhoon and was wondering what exhaust to go for?

Ive been reading several posts and it mentions "True Duel exhaust"? I take it this means two seperate pipes running through the car. (Correct me if im wrong!)

Basicly all I want to know is:

1) What make is the best/worst to go for?

2) Sound-wise, Whats loudest/deepest/quietest? :band:

3) Is there a massive difference if I was to install a decat?

Id like to hear all your thoughts :)

Thanks, Joe :)

Best- amuse/nismo/miltek/buddyclub

Good value- Scorpion, cobra

Worst-japspeed/ebay tat

Loudest- japspeed k1, buddyclub

Good- scorpion, cobra

Quietest- miltek

Decats make a massive difference to sound also

Most of these systems are not true dual. Most true duals I've seen are aftermarket to be honest.

Somebody with more info can correct me

Best- amuse/nismo/miltek/buddyclub

Good value- Scorpion, cobra

Worst-japspeed/ebay tat

Loudest- japspeed k1, buddyclub

Good- scorpion, cobra

Quietest- miltek

Decats make a massive difference to sound also

Most of these systems are not true dual. Most true duals I've seen are aftermarket to be honest.

Somebody with more info can correct me

+1

Ive got the japspeed K1 on my 313 and its seriously loud. Ideal for weekend fun, but not so good for daily commute. Im considering swapping it for a scorpion system as they are very good value and have good reviews.

One thing with decats is that bare in mind you`ll have to put cats back on for the MOT now after the new regulations which came out recently. So maybe a HFC would be a better option.

Yes your right 'True Dual' means two seperate pipes, one from each bank of the V6. However, some dual systems have an 'X' pipe in the middle, essentially not making it a true dual. ;)

Invidia do a couple of the best true dual exhausts out there - Invidia G200 and the Invidia Gemini (although this one has the X pipe)

For an idea of sounds of different ones have a look here; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56550

:)

WOW didnt expect so many replies in that short amount of time!

Cheers for all the info, really useful.

Im looking to spend between £800-£1k max...

Keep the suggestions coming :)

Im liking the idea of Miltek but is that out of my price range? :wacko:

Big big big +1 for the miltek berks combo - every time i hear darrens, grahams and daves cars i miss it.

Having heard Dave's (with the Pop Charger as well):

:thumbs: this is a great combo

:thumbs: you only live once

:headhurt: my budget will be blown out of the water on 1st and 2nd May with this combo plus Uprev, Plenum spacer, and other stuff

:bounce: OMG

:lol:

Big big big +1 for the miltek berks combo - every time i hear darrens, grahams and daves cars i miss it.

:headhurt: my budget will be blown out of the water on 1st and 2nd May with this combo plus Uprev, Plenum spacer, and other stuff

And i bet you cant wait :teeth:

do they do a pop charger for the HR engine?

is the pop charger the best air filter/induction kit you can get for a 350z

The best; as in best noise, or best; as in most performance gain?

Noise is subjective, but a lot of people seem to have the jwt pop charger for this reason.

As far as performance goes, I believe the stock intake with some better panel filters is the way to go. In fact, I think you can even lose a few HP with most of the after market intakes (Not sure if this is the same for the 313 engine). Have a search of some topics on this subject as there are loads. I'm no expert, but have read quite a lot and gleamed this information from there.

is the pop charger the best air filter/induction kit you can get for a 350z

The best; as in best noise, or best; as in most performance gain?

Noise is subjective, but a lot of people seem to have the jwt pop charger for this reason.

As far as performance goes, I believe the stock intake with some better panel filters is the way to go. In fact, I think you can even lose a few HP with most of the after market intakes (Not sure if this is the same for the 313 engine). Have a search of some topics on this subject as there are loads. I'm no expert, but have read quite a lot and gleamed this information from there.

happy days! ive got some k&n's on the way woohoo

cheers the advice

true duals with X pipes in are still "true" duals the x pipe just allows both banks to scavange gases from each other and balance the engine. even ones without often have H pipes in them to allow both banks to balance. this makes a big difference and can help maintain torque instead of losing it.

as for what to go for, have a chat with Tarmac or go visit his website at Tarmacsports

i'd go high flow over de cats, de cats will allow more power but will add a rasp to the exhaust note (its personal choice, some like it, but i find it a little de-valuing on the Zed)

for about £1k you should be able to get a nice setup.