Looking to buy my first 350z :)

Hi everyone.. Ive recently sold my Focus ST after 2 years and fancied a change and something abit more "fun".

After a good old think and hours on the internet, I have finally decided to go for a Nissan.

My first question is basicly what am I to expect with the performance/handling etc with the 350 compared to the ST(had the ST running 310bhp)

2) Im hoping to get a 57 plate with around 25-35k milage and hoping to spend max £11000. Is this a realistic budget for my choice or should I settle with an older model?

3) Tuning-wise, what gains could I expect to see from upgrading the exhaust system/inductution etc and Is there any remaps/chips available worth getting?

All your advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Joe :D

I think most of those questions will be answered from searching this forum. There has been some discussion recently about how a FWD hot hatch compares performance wise to a RWD sports car. Basically they are a completely different kettle of fish.

Id suggest testing one out and see how you get on. If your used to hot hatches with a nice bit of power then you may be disapointed.

Money wise, you`ll probably be struggling to get a 57 plate 350z for 11grand, they seem to be 12->13k, so your not too far off the mark. Theres a few for sale on here, which means they are owned by enthusiasts, so check them out!

Good luck with your search.

:welcome:

Tuning wise, you'd have to spend a lot to get big headline figure gains but you can get better mid-range response, driveability and sound by mods like exhaust, hfcs, plenum spacer, etc but only if you then have the Uprev remap. If you search against any of those you will find lots of stuff.

Good luck with your search. The ST is a great car. So is the Z but in a different way.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.. I have just got back from viewing a 57 plate with 29,000 on the clock. Had a drive and Im in love already lol.

Twilight grey GT with satnav, twin K&N filters & FSH . Not a single scratch/dent or curbed alloy. Ive looked at four or five Zed's now and this is by far the best one.

The bloke selling the car was great and You could just tell he had a passion for cars.

It was up for £11250 but I managed to get it down to £10500.

I left a deposit and im picking the beaut up next week :) :)

Plus another bonus is the insurance.. Im 21 and they are after £669 with my dad as an additional driver. TBH I thought I would be paying double that so Im happy :)

Nice one, congrats on your first Z, you will not be dissapointed, take it from someone who went from a ST170 to the ST225 onto an Audi S-line 2.0 and finally now the proud owner of a 350Z purchasrd under a year ago and just joined on this forum, which by the way is FAB B)