Road Trip

Richyfingers

Hello chaps, I've never really got my self involved on here much so I thought I'd post some pics I took last year on a road trip to Inverary, show off the Zed and some of our lovely Scottish roads and countryside.

I purchased the car from 350zStephen and was previouslyowned by MWTech.

P1030134.jpg

P1030152.jpg

P1030160.jpg

P1030168.jpg

P1030175.jpg

P1030185.jpg

P1030197.jpg

P1030249.jpg

P1030252.jpg

P1030277.jpg

P1030285.jpg

Stopped at Lochy Fyne Oyster bar on the way back and treated ourselves to this

P1030221.jpg

P1030225.jpg

Wish the weather was like that every day.

Treated the zed to a bit of TLC and had the front end re-sprayed and the wheels refurbished, this is how shes looking now

P1010729.jpg

Been a great years motoring but unfortanately may have to put her up for sale soon as im planning on getting a rather large dog and I've no idea where the Mrs would go :lol:

I'm sure I recognise some of those roads from when I did my LEJOG trip last year!

Best roads in the world, no doubt.

The roads really are something up here, was nice and quiet too so plently of opportunity for some safe hooning. I did a supercar tour with a company called exhilarate scotland I found on groupon, got to drive a selection of rather tasty cars on very similar roads. I'll do a wee write up and post some more pics soon.

What roads were they on? They do look stunning!

I've got a scottish trip planned soon and looking for recommendations of roads to drive - we're travelling in a clockwise pattern from Glasgow up to fort william, back down to Stirling, and then round edinburgh, cross country and down to Carlisle.... any recommendations?

What roads were they on? They do look stunning!

I've got a scottish trip planned soon and looking for recommendations of roads to drive - we're travelling in a clockwise pattern from Glasgow up to fort william, back down to Stirling, and then round edinburgh, cross country and down to Carlisle.... any recommendations?

It's mostly the A82 and A83 from Glasgow to Inverary. If your heading up to Fort William definitely drive though Glen Coe. On the way back down follow the A82 towards Crainlarich then down towards Callender then onto Stirling or something like that. I'd love to do a proper tour of up North properly one day. A weeks driving and staying in nice hotels, just wish you could guarantee the weather.

That looks like fun!

I've got a road trip across America planned in November.

18 days....4000 miles...if only I could do it in a Zed instead of some cr*ppy American thing.

Convertible Mustang? Most of the hire companies have these as options, Plan to do something similar one day, fly into LA, pick up the 'Stang down to Vegas, death valley, then head down towards Yosemite then onto SF then back up the PCH.

That looks like fun!

I've got a road trip across America planned in November.

18 days....4000 miles...if only I could do it in a Zed instead of some cr*ppy American thing.

Convertible Mustang? Most of the hire companies have these as options, Plan to do something similar one day, fly into LA, pick up the 'Stang down to Vegas, death valley, then head down towards Yosemite then onto SF then back up the PCH.

Convertible Mustang is the best option I've seen so far.

I'm planning on flying into Orlando...and then going to Miami to start our journey to San Francisco.

Coast to Coast...can't wait!

We sure did eat all the shell food, delicious apart from the cockles, wast sure on them!

Nice one Rich - good to see you posting - would be even better to see you come to a meet or down at Knockhill ;):)

Did you see the pics from last year's Hoon?

Cheers Vik, I'll have a look for the pics. I'll need to check the dates as I work shifts but if I'm off I'd come along.

Richy,

Great pics there mate. Lovely scenery and a lovely car.

Pity you may have to sell her, not had her that long.

Enjoy here while you have her.

Will

You should head up this way when the weather starts to get a bit better, the only thing that could make driving those roads any better is with the roof down.

Get yourself a Challenger RT Classic from Hertz. :thumbs: The Mustang feels like driving a sofa with strings attached to tiny wheels. The Challenger, however, is a seriously good car and the huge Hemi under the bonnet is :cloud9:

I suppose there is that option but part of the apeal for me is doing the trip in a convertible. I suppose you could swap over mid trip for some of the less scenic sections.

Get yourself a Challenger RT Classic from Hertz. :thumbs: The Mustang feels like driving a sofa with strings attached to tiny wheels. The Challenger, however, is a seriously good car and the huge Hemi under the bonnet is :cloud9:

I suppose there is that option but part of the apeal for me is doing the trip in a convertible. I suppose you could swap over mid trip for some of the less scenic sections.

The convertible aspect gets very boring very quickly as going at any speed above 30mph, you will fry faster than an omelette on Saturday Kitchen, not be able to talk to each other or hear any music or whatnot. I drove a convertible mustang for around a week across a few states putting a couple of thousand miles on it and the roof stayed up 95% of the time. :) The Challenger was definitely a far better option (or Camaro SS if it floats your boat more than the Mopar), but hey. Different people like different things :)

Also beware - the convertible Corvette that Hertz offer is incredibly tempting until you see the size of the boot. I am not exaggerating when I say that anything other than a very modestly sized rucksack will not fit into the car.