Best Mods for £1500 total - wanted, new or used!

spu01jaw

Ok, the time has come, I have resisted for too long, I am going to mod my car ... maybe! :scare: Before spending time and money, I thought I would run the mods past everyone for comment. Before someone states, :pmzmanalex: , or read other threads, I have done both. The mods below, I think will give me the best improvements to my car. I am trying to source these parts, preloved, if possible to keep costs down, so if anyone knows someone who is selling PM me details. I am currently running a completely standard 2008 coupe GT. The car is only going to be used on the road, no track use ... yet!

1. New Front Discs + Pads (Ferodo DS 2500 pads + DBA T3 rotors) - required

2. New Rear Discs + Pads (Ferodo DS 2500 pads + DBA T3 rotors) - required

3. Eibach Sway bar kit

4. Eibach pro spring kit

5. Eibach camber adjustment kit front

6. Eibach camber adjustment kit rear

7. Adjustable drop link kit

8. Stubby aerial

9. Luggage net

10. Front spacers (20mm)

11. Rear spacers (25mm)

12. Cosworth Air Filter

13. Braided Break Lines (HKS or Goodridge)

14. Motul RBF 600/660 fluid

Minus item 1 and 2, which I have to change anyway I think, these are the best mods / items to buy for your 350z. Does anyone disagree with me? Bearing in mind I am expecting this to cost around £1600, with some / mostly second hand parts. Has anyone got a better way of improving a N/A car for £1600, or different makes of the items listed?

I look forward to being corrected :boxing:

PM received and replied to :thumbs:

All your requirments are in stock and good to go same/next day.

However, my recomendations for the brakes would be:

DBA T3 rotors (front)

DBA T3 rotors (rear)

Ferodo DS 2500 pads (front and rear)

Motul RBF 600/660 fluid

HKS or Goodridge braided lines (front and rear)

Alex :)

Just to be different, Id buy HSD coilovers, decats, throttle controller, plenum spacer and uprev, you might *just* get all that for £1500. :)

The brakes are pretty good as standard, obviously if yours need replacing thats a given but Id be looking elsewhere to start with :)

+1 on braided lines, make a great difference for very little outlay. Prob one of the best value mods that you notice the difference

Ok due to numbers of people saying this it is added to list, also pads and discs changed, but, hopefully for the small cost i will keep the spacers unless they are detrimental to something else.

+1 on braided lines, make a great difference for very little outlay. Prob one of the best value mods that you notice the difference

Ok due to numbers of people saying this it is added to list, also pads and discs changed, but, hopefully for the small cost i will keep the spacers unless they are detrimental to something else.

Spacers will increase the scrub radius of your front wheels. Although the exact effects of this seem to be up for debate ( most suggest reduced high speed turn in response), most people believe it to be a bad thing. To be honest unless you're tracking the car it seems unlikely that you'd notice much, but they're not going to improve your handling if that's what you're thinking.

DB

SuperPro ARB and Compression Bushes

Y Pipe (Motordyne) with race cat

De-cats

Coilovers

Sway Bars

Disks and pads as recommended

Braided hoses and Motul fluid

Panel filters

You won't need adjustable drop links unless you're tracking the car.

In addition you'll struggle with your budget, that's if you were looking for a garage to fit parts as well :wacko:

PM received and replied to :thumbs:

All your requirments are in stock and good to go same/next day.

However, my recomendations for the brakes would be:

DBA T3 rotors (front)

DBA T3 rotors (rear)

Ferodo DS 2500 pads (front and rear)

Motul RBF 600/660 fluid

HKS or Goodridge braided lines (front and rear)

Alex :)

A big +1 on all this. :thumbs:

De-cats

Coilovers

Sway Bars

Panel filters

In addition you'll struggle with your budget, that's if you were looking for a garage to fit parts as well :wacko:

Just thought I needed them if I was dropping the car. So thts some money saved if I don't :)

De-cats

Coilovers

Sway Bars

Panel filters

Just thought I needed them if I was dropping the car. So thts some money saved if I don't :)

Front camber you can either by upmarket arms or SuperPro ecentric bush (I went for the bushes) The Eibach camber/toe adjustment will fix any drop issues. I believe anything over 25mm drop and you'll need the relevant adjustments to dial the camber back in.

If you wanted to allow for more movement in your budget, forget the coilovers and go for Tein springs (drop around 25mm after they are bedded in) or the Eibachs which drop 30mm. For the money they are a fantastic purchase, increase cornering performance without going all out with the coilovers. I thoroughly enjoyed my Eibachs, but wanted the flexibility of increasing ride height and stiffness.

Spacers will increase the scrub radius of your front wheels. Although the exact effects of this seem to be up for debate ( most suggest reduced high speed turn in response), most people believe it to be a bad thing. To be honest unless you're tracking the car it seems unlikely that you'd notice much, but they're not going to improve your handling if that's what you're thinking.

Just thought it made the wheels fill the archers better really, very vein! not looking for track spec, just fancy making it "feel" better. This is because I cannot get big bhp gains! I was also tempted to get a uprated exhaust but cannot afford it in my budget with other parts as well.

Not because I sell them but purely putting myself in your position.

Spacer

Berk HFCs

Stillen Ypipe

Cobra Exhaust

Can do that lot for £1200 or £1150 if you want a Cobra Ypipe

With the balance get a Re-map

No brainer for me if I had a Zed and the spare cash, no one will argue that this won't change the feel of your car and put a big grin on your face.. :drive1

Upgrading your brakes and handling is the sensible mod but with the package above plus a remap your OEM set up is more than capable providing your not tracking or driving like a looney.

It's interesting seeing peoples comments though, some good options to think about :thumbs:

Spacer

Berk HFCs

Stillen Ypipe

Cobra Exhaust

No brainer for me if I had a Zed and the spare cash, no one will argue that this won't change the feel of your car and put a big grin on your face.. :drive1

Upgrading your brakes and handling is the sensible mod but with the package above plus a remap your OEM set up is more than capable providing your not tracking or driving like a looney.

It's interesting seeing peoples comments though, some good options to think about :thumbs:

What sort of gains can I expect to see? 15hp? As I have the HR engine I (looks like wrongly) thought the spacer wouldn't do much. Normally I wouldn't go down the brakes and handling route. But either way I need new discs as mine need replacing. As I'm not tracking I'm not bothered about super dooper ones. So maybe that's an option. I am leaning to the lowering springs and Possibly sway bar as I have heard good things

Spacer won't do much on a HR, it won't fit for starters :lol:

The likes of Jez and Abbey can probably tell you about expected gains but sounds about right.. Don't get hung up on figures though, do all that and it will be like a different car, better throttle response, torque, power and sound :cloud9:

Stillen Sway bars or Eibach are both really good

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-stil ... -bars.aspx

Spacer

Berk HFCs

Stillen Ypipe

Cobra Exhaust

+1 to the berks, they were the best thing i added to my car. They made the milltek sing.

Don't get hung up on figures though, do all that and it will be like a different car, better throttle response, torque, power and sound :cloud9:

Yep, its not a car for pub numbers. Like Tarmacs suggestions as well too, as I said earlier I think it handles and stops pretty well out of the box anyway :)