Admiral Multicar Insurance

scubapics

Has anyone else had their multi car policy renewal through and found that it is more expensive than two separate policies with Admiral?

Did you do a new quote on multicar or just go off the renewal sent through the post? I'd be supprised if a new quote on multicar was more expensive than 2 seperate policies, but sure the auto renewal will be, thats how they make their money - stupid people that just renew kind of deserve it.

It was recently time to renew so checked out Admiral Multicar and as said above it was cheaper to have seperate policies! As the car is a third vehicle it's in the wifes name and best quote was with Sheila's Wheels. don't laugh :blush:

I could have got The Zeds a bit cheaper with a different company, but I couldn't find anywhere that I could get my daughter onto The Clio for less than £900. They did it for £600 and The Zeds were in the region of £500 each.

Pete

When it was renewal time on our admiral multi-car we just rang up and reeled off the cheapest quotes we could find and they matched them then took a certain percentage off the lot.

We usually do that and the comparision is usually a fresh quote from Admiral themselves :lol: Just give them the online quote number, the chap usually does some fiddling with numbers, and we get a new quote thats cheaper again!

To be honest, as my main car insurance is with Admiral they have been trying to persuade me for months to get their multi-car policy. Ive lost count of the number of times they have phoned me up and spent hours going through quotes with me in an effort to try and persude me. Each time I say "look, i can get my cars insured cheaper elsewhere outside of the multi car policy" and they just do not believe me. They then go through the whole quote and say "but if you insure your 2nd car with us it will only cost you £500 more and we`ll knock £50 off the price of your zed insurance". I actually had a quote for the car in question for £80 elsewhere.

The biggest thing which got me is that the 2nd car insurance was not actually due for another 3 or 4 months. They kept saying "no problem you can do it now and save money". But upon checking their clauses, it turned out that if when it came to insuring the 2nd car in 4 months time, Admiral were not the cheapest and I decided to go elsewhere instead, Admiral said they would charge me a fee for not using the multicar policy and increase the main cars insurance. So you are forced effectively to use their multi car scheme even if they are no longer the cheapest once you say yes now.

They also seem to have no consistancy in their approach. Since your NCB is only on one vehicle, for me, they offered zero NCB on a 2nd car. So we are back to the situation where you can only drive one car at once, you only want a cheap shed as a second car which would massively reduce the risk of Admiral paying out on the expensive zed, so really they should be encouraging you to have a 2nd car shed and therefore giving you some discount on a 2nd car. But, for some other people, they have happily transfered the drivers ncb over to 2 cars. There seems to be no consistancy with them.

For me, i`ll stick to seperate insurance quotes. Its a shame really, as ive 2 cars & 2 motorbikes, all with seperate insurance policies and seperate ncb`s building up. It would be nice to collate them into one policy which takes into account my overall risk and experience.

We have an excellent family fleet policy which may be worth giving a try, some details are here on the GTR OC homepage:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/

Sounds interesting but if one of the cars has to be worth over £15k (as stated on the GTR site) then I guess it's not so good for those of us who's 350z is the crown of the family fleet!

S.

We have an excellent family fleet policy which may be worth giving a try, some details are here on the GTR OC homepage:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/

Sounds interesting but if one of the cars has to be worth over £15k (as stated on the GTR site) then I guess it's not so good for those of us who's 350z is the crown of the family fleet!

S.

Mine would just about be worth £15k atm, but what happens in a years time when it drops below that value, does that mean you can no longer renew on that policy.

I remember even looking at traders insurance a few years back as an option but very few would include motorbikes and you had have all sorts of other company related stuff to prove you were a legit company.