My first day with Rosie

Will370z

Looks great, nothing like the feeling of a new set of wheels, no wonder you're thrilled with her. Great piccies with both Zeds side by side :thumbs: .

I managed some top-down action today; that's three days on the trot now :yahoo: . Many more to come I'm sure :teeth: .

Good to hear, hows the roof coming along now?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear, hows the roof coming along now?

Booked in a week on Tuesday for two days. Need to get some photos/video of the hood before it goes in for comparison afterwards. Tomorrow's task. Will report back on the other thread once sorted.

Looking good bud B)

I'll update your username in the morning and email you when its done :thumbs:

Very nice Will B) How about an Avatar update as well? ;)

Thin_Lizzy_-_Black_Rose_A_Rock_Legend.jpg

Good call, i will have to get my creative hat on, but if anyone else far more talented than i has any suggestions feel free to contribute :teeth:

I remember it well it was released the year i left school :surrender:

Excellent Dave, I'd forgotten about that :)

Looking good bud B)

I'll update your username in the morning and email you when its done :thumbs:

Very nice Will B) How about an Avatar update as well? ;)

Thin_Lizzy_-_Black_Rose_A_Rock_Legend.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments and glad you like rosie.

Well we had our first long journey this evening, travelling back from my parents down to guildford. Heres a little summary of my initial experiences.

Positives

- power and lots of it. It just feels like there is so much power on tap there. Way more than i felt in the 350.

- i love the interior. It looks and feels like a quality place to be. Not one rattle or squeak on the way home.

- i love the connect premium. Voice activation for everything and seemless integration with the iphone, its great. Navigation system did not take me the way i wanted but its very informative and clear to follow. Pointing out little things like distance and time to rest breaks is nice.

Voice activated phone works like a charm, great piece of kit.

- audio syste is fantastic. Connected my ipod and away we go, sounded great and better than the old bose.

- buttons and controls are all in intuitive places and fell like quality.

- she looks great. I pulled up at a service station to get fuel and under the full lights the rose colour really shone. She has great poise too and looks ready to pounce. Kept looking back at her all the time while i queued lol

- handling is fantastic, the car feels very very tight on the road and cornering is great.

- did i mention the power.... ;) she flew and i never really rev'd hard

- fuel economy. In all honesty i was pretty amazed, she is far more econmoical than my old zed. Averaged 29-30mpg easily, the 350 on a similar journey would have drunk more.

- the hood looks socmuch better than the 350 one both inside and out. No more looking up to see a climbing frame, its all hidden.

- I was expecting rear visibility to be a problem but had no problems at all.

- i love those bonnet bulges. Driving down the m4 with all the lights reflecting off the black bonnet just looked awesome.

- i think i have really fallen for the sat nav woman. Her voice is dam hot :cloud9:

Negatives

- no exhaust noise at all. Was to be expected and will be the first thing to change.

- the ride is harder, you do feel more of the bumps. Not sure if that is the suspension or the tyres.

- there is more tyre noise from the road but its negligable. Also i dont think it helps having no exhaust note as all you hear is road noise

- the seats were not as comfy as the 350. Mind you it took me a while to get comfy in the old car so ive just got to fiddle.my fault for being over 2m i guess lol. Seat seems to bulge a little at the base, but i'll play with it.

Overall im totally chuffed to death. She looks and drives so well and i cant recommend one enough.

Now im going back to sit in the car and listen to the sat nav woman again. B)

Can't really fault your list of pro's and con's (obviously the exhaust note is an easy one to address if you've got the spare reddies ;) ).

Unfortunately my mpg isn't quite so great, permanently hovering just under the 19mpg figure, but my commute isn't condusive to good mpg.

My only continued nag is the level of noise, especially on a motorway, I guess it's wind noise as opposed to tyres noise, but could well be a combination of the two. You really have to crank the stereo up to drown it out which isn't really a problem as I'm generally driving solo. Can just get a little tiresome after a while.

That said, I freakin' love my third Zed :cloud9: .

Yup agree with the list there Will. You dont notice the torque of the engine until you've done a good haul, its flipping amazing how much the VVEL gets out of it compared to the 350z which is only 200CC less. Very impressive, and you really dont have to push it hard to make progress.

Noise is annoying, but I have the feeling a lot of that is down to the tyres. As soon as you hit new tarmac on the motorway I find all road noise dissapears. I think they must have used harder bushes in the '70 which tranfers more noise into the cabin but gives better handling. I think Colin said fitting Vreds to his reduced the noise a bit. I'll find out in the summer when mine need refreshing.

The seat will need breaking in abit Will, sure you will find a good position, its near as damn it the same as the 350z I find.

Just need to get the exhaust sorted mate :bose: