19"x9.5 league alloys tyre problems

scotthiddlestone

Hi folks,

Ive had a good look through the posts just now,i got these alloys today-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270911970711?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649,the guy says they will fit my 350z.

i ran into a problem when i went to get tyres with the guy saying they are too big for the front arches and they dont fit flush on the hub,this got me a little alarmed,the guy who sold me them says they will fit a 350z all day long,what im wondering is will these 19"x9.5s fit the front,what tyres to get 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear or 265/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

also if i got someone to fit the valve, tyre and balance is it ok for me to fit them myself.

cheers Scott

dont think he did as i was watching,where abouts is the bolt and i will have a look tomorrow,yeah the box says et 25 on it,been on a few alloy wheel sales sites and they say they wont fit,but the guy in the ad says they will,i hope they do as im happy with the sale,any refund will be dependant on me proving they dont fit and i will have to foot the cost of sending them back.scott

what tyres to get 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear or 265/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

cheers Scott

245/35/19 and 275/35/19 tyres will keep the rolling radius to within 0.8%, the other combo is 1.3% out. I went for the 245/275 tyres but I'm pretty certain that the 265/285 mix is favoured by others.

Pete

i will have a look tomorrow to see if the bolt has been removed and try them on myself,"spigott ring" im waiting for the punchline go on....

i just moved down to the newcastle area and had the odd bit of work done by brg in southshields and have never been ripped off by him,2 m.o.ts and hes only charged £40 each time,hence the treat of the wheels.

Zed is 66.1 B)

Common aftermarket wheels for jap cars have centre bore ID 72.6 or 73

You you likely need a 66.1 ID and 72.6/73 OD spigot.

However measure it to be sure or look in the inside face of the wheel and it should be written there along with wheel weight, ET and dimensions :thumbs:

Std sized plastic spigots are cheap on eBay but if you can get metal ones made custom. I did this after getting fedup of them cracking all the time from heat prolly from track driving.

Nope mate! That job is crucial donot cut corners!! The nuts only secure the aftermarket wheel on the hub and without the spigot due to the huge centripetal forces will lead to micro movement and vibration which could fatigue the bolts with dire consequences. Spigots are about £10 for 4 on eBay ;)

hi folks has anyone put 245/40/19s on the front?

i got the tyres fitted at a local garage 275/35/19 on the rear and waited for the spigots to arrive,went back to work a few days early and when i eventually got home and got round to fitting the rims(i didnt want to drive 500miles strait off so waited till i got home to fit),i have now noticed the guy fitted 245/40/19s instead of 245/35/19s!!!! when i went to see him he says he cant remember me!!!!,so i have 275/35/19s to go on the back and 245/40/19s for the front,i think the difference is about 1.6cm will these still clear the strut mountings etc,the offset is 25 so they are fine with the arches.Scott

the receipt only shows what i paid (yep i know im an idiot) ,there is a difference of about 1cm radius between 245/35 and 245/40 and i notice 1 guy was running 245/35 and 20mm lowered so it might be ok,will know monday when i fit them proper,there was a gap of about 1 inch between the tyre and the bottom of the stut that is my concern,will try them over speed bumps,country roads and hard braking to see if alls ok,nothing ever runs smoothe for me!

you may find the front feels a little soggy due to larger sidewalls, i doubt it though. Unsure how the traction control will like it. I would still go back and fight to get them changed. You have a receipt of paying money. You have new tyres on the front , tell em to change em

Mate those tyres are just not acceptable as your rolling radius is waaaay out :surrender:

Its +6.2% larger compared to 225/40/18 on std 18" Rays and even +3.65% larger compared with what he should have put on => 245/35/19.

It's important to keep the original rolling radius with +/- 2.5%. You achieve this by fitting a larger wheel and a smaller profile tyre to compensate or smaller wheel with larger profile not the other way round. That front tyre is too big :p

Apart from TC issues your, gearing will be affected and speedo reading will be off.

Get him to sort this out or if he does'nt as you have no proof, sell it on ebay and get the right tyres. But by now you sfully realise that garage is very dodgy especially and should never step foot there again. It always worth asking before you commit if unsure. Plenty here to help in the forum :snack: