Why is the 350Z so good on insurance?!

370Ad

Speaking on experience when I first started driving...do not use the internet based company eCar....their horrendous to deal with for accidents, never resolved mine, I buggered off to Admiral.

26, 2yrs NCB, not bad area, 2 family members on as name drivers, excess raised (by my choice) to £750. £1064. Will prob be a lot less come next November.

It does all come round to the circumstances though and then how willing you are to moan to them and how willing they are to keep you... or what muppet you get on the phone... lol

I havent read through the entire thread but thought I would share some thoughts, that may or may not have already been mentioned.

The Nissan 350z for what it is, give or take 300bhp, rear wheel drive etc should in my opinion carry a much greater insurance that I have found it to.

Ive always wanted to get into the fastest car possible since passing my test, but insurance wouldnt allow it. I paid £1600 TPFT on a 75bhp 1.2L Clio in my first year of driving. I then bought a MK6 Fiesta Zetec S and then finally and currently into Fiesta ST500.

At 20, insurance on the ST was 800 fully comp, at 21 my insurance, when I finally get round to purchasing a 350z is just over 700. I was also interested in s2000s. Considerably down on power over a 350z and a much lesser engine capacity however they hold a huge insurance premium far greater than that of a 350z.

I couldnt believe that how cheap the zed was on insurance and that was a deciding factor on what would be my next car.

I couldnt believe that how cheap the zed was on insurance and that was a deciding factor on what would be my next car.

Its all down to each persons circumstances. When I got my zed I couldnt believe HOW EXPENSIVE it was to insure. Insurance companies were quoting me miles more than they quoted me for M3`s, Porsche Boxsters, Scoobys & Evo`s. It was coming in at about a grand and that was with me being nearly 40 and having something like 20 years NCB. The M3 quote was about £580. I had stupidly assumed that the zed would be cheaper or at least the same sort of insurance cost as an M3 being as the M3 was a quicker car and I thought BMW parts were more expensive than Nissan parts.

I havent read through the entire thread but thought I would share some thoughts, that may or may not have already been mentioned.

The Nissan 350z for what it is, give or take 300bhp, rear wheel drive etc should in my opinion carry a much greater insurance that I have found it to.

Ive always wanted to get into the fastest car possible since passing my test, but insurance wouldnt allow it. I paid £1600 TPFT on a 75bhp 1.2L Clio in my first year of driving. I then bought a MK6 Fiesta Zetec S and then finally and currently into Fiesta ST500.

At 20, insurance on the ST was 800 fully comp, at 21 my insurance, when I finally get round to purchasing a 350z is just over 700. I was also interested in s2000s. Considerably down on power over a 350z and a much lesser engine capacity however they hold a huge insurance premium far greater than that of a 350z.

S2k is more as its a soft top, convertible Zeds are more than the coupe.

I reckon the 350 insurance will go up in price soon as its become more affordable so newer drivers will be able to afford them :(

For a 3.5 V6 its very very good to insure.

I am 23, been driving for 6 years have 4 years NCB, live in a decent area and its £450 for the year.

My Celica T Sport was £500 last year, i know i am a year older but its a bit of a different car!

Anyway kind of a pointless thread but yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Well its a year on since i started this thread. So that means another years insurance.

Managed to get it for £386 this year, would have been around £350 if it wasn't modified! So £100 down over a year on already cheap insurance is enough to have a party about!.......

:yahoo::band::bounce::clap::drunk::gathering::huglove::kicking::bose:

I am 25, 1 years no claims bonus and I pay £550 with admiral. I got this quote through GoCompare and I highly recommend people go down this route.

They are a very reputable company too as my friend has his car written off by some muppet driving in to the side (and then driving off), and was sorted out in a a few weeks.

B)

I am 25, 1 years no claims bonus and I pay £550 with admiral. I got this quote through GoCompare and I highly recommend people go down this route.

They are a very reputable company too as my friend has his car written off by some muppet driving in to the side (and then driving off), and was sorted out in a a few weeks.

B)

Sounds like a bargain with 1 years NCB

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting quoted £403 from Admiral and other companies! I'm 33, I have 10 years NCB, no accidents or points and have held a licence 16 years. My postcode is not high for crime and a nice area so I'm baffled how some people are getting it so cheap with less NCB and driving years :shrug:

B)

Sounds like a bargain with 1 years NCB

I'm 25 1 year no claims and cheapest I get it is £800 :( wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 50 with 30+ years but was overseas for 4 years so lost all my NCB - £550 with Flux due for renewal in a few month so who wants my business ?

Hi,

When your policy's due for renewal please feel free to drop me a line. I'll make sure we do everything possible to get you a competitive rate at renewal.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

I called Adrian flux for my Jeep last year. They were 3 times more expensive than aviva who I went with. What's that all about? I just insured my 370z with Privilege. 6 years no claims, 30 yrs old, clean licence, Parents on policy too plus a slight reduction as I have home insurance. Total £266 for the year. Bargain.

I ended paying £699 all in on both cars. I could get slightly cheaper but with lesser companies or cover. It broke down to £400 for 350Z using 10 years NCB (they only count 5 though) and £299 for my 1.9 TDi Passat using 0 years NCB. That covers my mods and protected no claims (for whatever that's worth but was only an extra £1). That's with Admiral insurance (the first quote I got).

I tried ALL the traders on here, and they all wanted to close to, or more than I'm paying for both cars :rolleyes: and that was before I added my mods!. I'm 33, 16 years passed, all my 10 years NCB was on a sports cars, clean licence, no convictions, restrictions or anything like that and a good postcode.

£266 on a 370z! That's a great price. I'll try Privilege myself. My policy doesn't start till the 2nd. Maybe I should add my Dad as a 2nd driver, because I'm still paying too much if you're paying that much Or is it cheaper to insure a 370z??

• Like 1

I ended paying £699 all in on both cars. I could get slightly cheaper but with lesser companies or cover. It broke down to £400 for 350Z using 10 years NCB (they only count 5 though) and £299 for my 1.9 TDi Passat using 0 years NCB. That covers my mods and protected no claims (for whatever that's worth but was only an extra £1). That's with Admiral insurance (the first quote I got).

I tried ALL the traders on here, and they all wanted to close to, or more than I'm paying for both cars :rolleyes: and that was before I added my mods!. I'm 33, 16 years passed, all my 10 years NCB was on a sports cars, clean licence, no convictions, restrictions or anything like that and a good postcode.

£266 on a 370z! That's a great price. I'll try Privilege myself. My policy doesn't start till the 2nd. Maybe I should add my Dad as a 2nd driver, because I'm still paying too much if you're paying that much Or is it cheaper to insure a 370z??

I asked why it was that cheap. The guy said because there's only a few hundred in the country and no one crashes them. Sounded like a challenge. Lol.

Not sure what it would've been without my parents on the policy but I always add them as I leave my car with them when I'm offshore.

• Like 2

Ahhhhh!

I asked why it was that cheap. The guy said because there's only a few hundred in the country and no one crashes them.

Ahhh! That makes sense. Sadly not the case with the 350 then. You need to balance it out, get crashing then ;):lol:

• Like 2

These quotes are awesomely varied, I moved up from an mg zr and only pay an extra £3 a month for my zed, in all seriousness though I neglected to read the fine print (my fault entirely) and now have to install a telemetry box for 3 months!

So obviously no hooning for me until after Xmas, with a bit of thought that's probably for the best that I don't go crazy when the roads are the worst!!

These quotes are awesomely varied, I moved up from an mg zr and only pay an extra £3 a month for my zed, in all seriousness though I neglected to read the fine print (my fault entirely) and now have to install a telemetry box for 3 months!

So obviously no hooning for me until after Xmas, with a bit of thought that's probably for the best that I don't go crazy when the roads are the worst!!

A telemetry box on a Z... this s going to be interesting :snack:

• 4 months later...

To keep this thread alive I have just paid £335 for the 70.

26 years young, 7 Years NCB and mods declared. As a test I changed the car to an EP3 Civic and it was £620.

Love the Z's :blush:

Edited by 370Ad